- Attended clients inquries over the phone and email.
- Reviewed case files and reported case progress to clients and attorneys.
- Scheduled appointments, court appearances and depositions for attorneys.
- Scheduled and confirmed appointments for both, lawyers and clients.
- Kept files on active and inactive cases.
- Carry out administrative procedures.
- Strategic file management of personal injury and property damage cases by identifying, obtaining and tracking pending documents/reports.
- Corresponding with clients to convey relevant information and updates from medical clinics/hospitals, insurance and motor workshops on behalf of Lawyer.
- Drafting legal documents to quantify damages.
- Negotiating with insurance and producing counterproposals for final settlement.
- Greeting visitors and performing initial screening of clients.
- Dictaphone typing of legal letters.
- Typing of legal documents i.e. Wills, Powers of Attorney, Contracts
- Assist with conveyancing.
- Daily banking duties.
legal secretary / administrative
- Prepared and processed legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Mailed, faxed, or arranged for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Received and placed telephone calls; scheduled and made appointments; scheduled calendar events; scheduled and confirmed appointments for clients, customers or supervisors.
- Greeted visitors or callers and handled their inquiries.
- Opened, read, and distributed incoming mail or other materials and answered routine letters, such as auditors’ letters.
- Stored completed documents in appropriate locations.
- Managed and maintained executives’ schedules.
- Made travel arrangements for executives.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and emails.
- Prepared responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Provide clerical support to other attorneys.