- Leading design, casting, and testing more than 25 geopolymer samples (green concrete) to assess its mechanical and durability properties and compare to cement-based concrete properties
- Developed a sustainable application for a local industrial by-product to reduce the cost of waste disposal and its environmental impact
- Supervising staff activities in the laboratories including assigning and monitoring work, identifying training needs, providing training and programs.
- Created and delivered presentations and training sessions to staff to outline new quality and safety standards according to HSE management system
- Manage and upkeep of analytical equipment and supplies to ensure adequacy and compliance with health and safety standards.
- Management of the facilities of the laboratory – asset management and disposal.
- Carry out regular safety inspections in conjunction with the Institute’s WSH officer and implement institute safety policies in accordance with WSH Committee, company policies and Singapore legal requirements.
- Supervise external contractors and technicians engaged to carry out works within the facility.
- Coordinate routine preventative maintenance, regular quality control checks (e.g. equipment calibration) and access to laboratory equipment.
- Responsible for the routine analysis of analytical samples across a wide spectrum of state-of-the-art instrumentation (NMR, flow cytometer, GCMS).
- Self-trained in use of NMR and GCMS to obviate cost of manufacturer technician.
- Laboratorial Expertise: Managing lab personnel, Monthly budget and expense reports. Grant proposal coordinator. Involved in independently conducting experimental studies with bone marrow and blood samples, cryopreservation of cells and serum, hematopoietic stem cell and clonogenic assays, cell culture, selective CD34+ stem cell isolation with Miltenyi Automacs machine, growth and infection of both adenoviruses and retroviruses, cell transfection, protein studies including western blotting , HELP assay and PCR, nucleic acid expansions from bacteria plasmids and northern blotting, immunohistochemistry in preparation and staining of sample slides, barrier maintaining of mice colonies with certification, gavage and IP feeding of mice, phlebotomy through retinal arteries and through the tails of mice, dissection of mice with target organ (renal and hepatic) analysis, maintenance of lab safety procedures and other regulatory requirements, filing and maintaining experimental statistical data.
- Developed laboratory and administrative SOPs for relevant personnel.
- Oversaw laboratory procurement, inventory and laboratory equipment maintenance.
- Trained junior staff on SOPs
- Legal Compliance Training
- Asbestos Monitoring
- Management of the Laboratory: Pre- and post- gravimetric sampling
- Pre- and Post sampling pump calibration
- Managing instruments usage- booking out and in of instruments
- Management of Laboratory System and documentation
- Keeping SANAS System forms up to date
laboratory manager (hearing aid technician)
- Received Job Orders from Different Branches.
- Do Check up and Cleaning of the Hearing aids.
- Order Parts from Logistics
- Changed Spare Parts of the Defective Hearing Aids (Minor and Major Parts like Amplifier, Microphone, Receiver, Volume Control, Housing, Battery door, etc.)
- Do Soft and Hard Customized Earmolds.
- Do In the Canal, Completely in the canal, Receiver In the Ear Hearing Aids.
- Analyzed Old and New Hearing Aids using Hearing Aid Analyzer.