instructional specialist (esl instructor)
- To improve the English reading, writing and speaking skills of students of diverse ages, (3-60 years old) and backgrounds.
- ESL instructors must tailor their lessons for students whose native languages and English-speaking abilities are varied
- Help students of different levels learn English grammar, pronunciation, comprehension and conversational skills.
- Provide quality classes online
- Work specifically with first and second year teachers to the district
- Plan professional development for all teachers at the school
- Complete quarterly observations with pre and post conferences of 1st & 2nd year teachers
- Complete walkthroughs of all teachers
- Gathered instructional pattern data from classroom walkthroughs
- Mentor teacher to 1st – 3rd year teachers
- Stepped in for assistant principal of discipline during their absence
instructional specialist/ online esl teacher (office-based)
- Provide online English classes for Chinese students especially to younger ones
- Provide interactive and collaborative activities that aid students in improving their English language skills
- Assign and grade class homework.
- Teaches Chinese students in learning basic and advanced English.
- Handles ESL beginners and adults
- Trained 70+ teachers and staff in Google
- Created and implemented Bears Broadcast
- Student Council Advisor for 2 years
- District Calendar Committee
- District Technology Committee
- RTI Committee