- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of general and legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Organize and maintain board minutes, documents, and case files.
- Design and maintain the firm’s case management system, LegalServer.
- Create training materials for the general staff, as well as provide training directly.
- Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Attend meetings in order to record minutes.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records and budget preparation, personnel, and housekeeping, in order to aid executives.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Set up and oversee administrative policies and procedures for offices and/or organizations.
- Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
- Maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, board meetings, conferences etc.
- Attend meetings and keep minutes
- Receive and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate
- Prepare invoices or financial statements and provide assistance in bookkeeping
- Conduct research and prepare presentations or reports as assigned
- Prepare reports and documentation for the General Manager.