- Operate a multi-line telephone console system, alerting system, and TDD system for the deaf and hearing-impaired
- Translate information to the appropriate codes
- Determine and assign the level of priority of the call and enter the data into a computer-aided dispatch system for radio dispatch purposes
- Ask vital questions and provide pre-arrival instructions for emergency medical calls
- Monitor and operate a radio console and computer equipment
- Receive and respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency services and complaints
- Ask questions to interpret, analyze and anticipate the caller’s situation as to resolve problems, provide information, dispatch emergency services, or refer callers to other agencies
- Handle all incoming calls for fire, medical, and police emergencies as well as call from other agencies requesting assistance.
- Provide medical instructions addressing medical emergencies to citizens over the phone.
- Administer the processing of necessary records and files into a data base specifically designed for communication centers.
- Manage and monitor several radio frequencies and respond as necessary.
- Assist the TAC officer with validations for entries, and maintained a professional rapport with other agencies and personnel.
- Review medical calls from each shift to send off for review by Medical Director.
- Organize and teach 911 education to elementary school aged children throughout Benton County.
- Receive emergency and non emergency calls through the 911 phone system.
- Dispatch the appropriate first responder to the location of each call through the two way radio.
- Maintain contact with each first reponder, provide assistnce to each by running record checks on subjects or vehicles, calling hospitals to see vacancies of beds for ems, ordering wreckers for officers, controlling the traffic light system for firefighters to get through the street of Broadway.
- Enter records into the Omnixx system, confirm warrants or officers.
- Maintain logs of all Alarm system permits in the city.
- Assist the public with walk-in questions at the police department.
- Answered emergency calls and dispatched to the appropriate location
- Gathered information regarding all calls for service, criminal complaints, and service calls
- Dispatch and coordinate the responses of public safety agencies
- Identify the appropriate number and type of equipment or apparatus to dispatch
- Received and dispatched emergency calls to 16 police, fire and emergency service agencies.
- Maintained call logs and transmission dialogue records.
- Performed NCIC criminal history and registration inquiries.
- Provided basic and advanced life support assistance via telephone to callers in critical situations.
- Received letter of commendation for contributing to police street safety.