Educational Assistant Resume Examples
- Help collect information and make judgments through observation, interviews, and the review of documents.
- Monitor students progress and adapt instruction as needed.
- Care for children in school setting.
- Work closely with students to monitor behavior.
- Use deescalation strategies to help students calm down.
- Work with the special education team to plan for individual needs of students.
- implement the students IEP throughout the day.
- Create and implement student based learning lessons.
- Work cooperatively with staff members.
- Incorporate methods of ABA into programs for students
- Create and implement structured TEACCH in classrooms
educational assistant (physical education asst)
- Prepare materials and gym for class activities.
- Provide disabled students with support and assistance .
- Maintain student medical log.
- Collaborate with teachers as to a student issue or problem.
- Supervise students during activities .
- Supervise students in the lockeroom.
- Maintain Climbing equipment log and all equipment that applies.
- Assisted in the life skill room with toileting, feeding, and homework to students with physical and learning disabilities.
- Translated and Interpret IEP documents for special education meetings.
- Interpreter for parents during special education meetings.
- Assisted students in grades 7-12 with school work during class time
- Tutor children individually or in group to help them master and reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Applied progressive teaching principles to students, improving standardised test scores
- Supervise games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental and social development.
- Observe and collect data on students’ behaviour
- I adapted my teaching methods to meet the students’ varying abilities, needs and interests. This was particularly integral when assisting students with learning disabilities outside of the classroom.
- I helped assign and grade both classwork and homework
- I supported the teacher by conducting workshops in subjects such as basic English language skills, maths and science. When instructing the students in groups, I adopted various teaching methods such as lectures and demonstrations as to stimulate a discussion.
- I worked alongside the classroom teacher and educational assistant to prepare materials and resources for class activities. This also involved preparing objectives for the classroom.
- I had the responsibility of confering with parents, teachers and other education professionals regarding a pupils’ progress. This was done in order to determine priorities for the student, which was then met.
- I helped direct, supervise and participate in activities outside of the classroom (such as in physical education and music classes)
- provide a safe structured, welcoming environment for all students.
- Organize and label materials and new equipment that are kept in my department.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment to prevent injury and damage.
- Distribute loaner uniforms and wash on a daily basis.
- We work as a team of professionals to communicate and apply objectives for individual student lessons, units and projects. Tasks vary from basic personal care such as helping them put their coat on to problem solving grade 12 physics or computer coding.
- As a coach of several extracurricular sports teams, I providing training, direction, motivation to prepare athletes for competitive events and league play.
- As a convenor, I coordinate the OCDSB badminton tournaments, planning and scheduling dates, events and brackets; plus, the City Championships. This involves working and communicating with over fifty schools and five hundred players.
- One-on-one paraprofessional at Willingboro Alternative Educational Program, assisting a medical high risk student with daily completion of coursework and lesson plans.
- Push-in support for Math & Literacy Instruction 1st – 5th grade
- Response Through Intervention (RTI) program implementation support in classrooms
- Recess duty, building-wide administrative assistance tasks
- Teacher’s aide at Brett Harte Elementary school; assisting with the implementation of classroom rules, lesson plans, and achievement of academic goals.
- Taking anecdotal notes for individual student in math intervention classroom to record students struggle in understanding a concept
- Support teacher in delivering interactive lessons in accordance with school and common core state standards
- Enhance student learning experience by using manipulatives in the small group
- Teaching the same concept using different methods to solidify understanding of students
- Assist students one-on-one with understanding of any mathematical concept being taught in the classroom
- Teaching the missed lesson to absentees
- fill in gaps in for ESL students in understanding mathematics by using visuals in form of drawing pictures or using words in students native language
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.