- Help collect information and make judgments through observation, interviews, and the review of documents.
- Monitor students progress and adapt instruction as needed.
- Care for children in school setting.
- Work closely with students to monitor behavior.
- Use deescalation strategies to help students calm down.
- Work with the special education team to plan for individual needs of students.
- implement the students IEP throughout the day.
- Create and implement student based learning lessons.
- Work cooperatively with staff members.
- Incorporate methods of ABA into programs for students
- Create and implement structured TEACCH in classrooms
educational assistant (physical education asst)
- Prepare materials and gym for class activities.
- Provide disabled students with support and assistance .
- Maintain student medical log.
- Collaborate with teachers as to a student issue or problem.
- Supervise students during activities .
- Supervise students in the lockeroom.
- Maintain Climbing equipment log and all equipment that applies.
- Assisted in the life skill room with toileting, feeding, and homework to students with physical and learning disabilities.
- Translated and Interpret IEP documents for special education meetings.
- Interpreter for parents during special education meetings.
- Assisted students in grades 7-12 with school work during class time
- Tutor children individually or in group to help them master and reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Applied progressive teaching principles to students, improving standardised test scores
- Supervise games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental and social development.
- Observe and collect data on students’ behaviour