- Taking customers’ orders as they approach the deli counter.
- Slicing and preparing the request product at desired thickness whether it be a personal request or the department normality.
- Weighing and packaging up the customers’ order and handing it back to the customer.
- Cleaning and sanitizing department equipment, including the slicers at least once a shift as well as small cleaning assignments including sweeping, mopping, and gathering of the garbage throughout the department.
- Took necessary steps to meet customer needs and effectively resolve food or service issues.
- Promptly reported complaints to a member of the management team.
- Communicated clearly and positively with co-workers and management.
- Resolved guest complaints promptly and professionally.
- Carefully maintained sanitation, health and safety standards in all work areas.
- Closely followed standard procedures for safe food preparation, assembly and presentation to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Frequently washed and sanitized hands, food areas and food preparation tools.
- Responding to customers questions and complaints in a responsible manner.
- Pricing store items.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Following of safety and sanitation procedures.
- Cooperation with others.
- Ability to be friendly with others.
- Slicing and weighing meats and cheeses
- Performed general maintenance duties, including mopping floors, washing dishes, wiping counter tops, sanitizing deli machine, and emptying grease traps.
- Cleaned food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Maintained a neat, well groomed appearance including impeccable personal hygiene, and hair restraint met company standards.
- Worked well with teammates and openly invited coaching from the management team.
- Took initiative to find extra tasks when scheduled duties were completed.
- Assisted management with monthly inventory control and weekly stock ordering.
- Quickly unloaded product shipments and stocked freezers.
- Stocked and restocked inventory when shipments were received.