senior care coordinator
- Implemented strategies to increase program effectiveness.
- Coordinated work between multiple departments and other service providers
- Counsel or aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting the client or patient..
- Skillfully developed departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures.
- Developed and achieved financial and growth goals.
- Strategically planned methods to achieve operational goals and targets.
- Closed a targeted number of new cases per week.
- Connect clients with medical and mental health providers
- Work with clients to formulate goals and service plans to assist the client in accomplishing their goals.
- Monitor client’s progress through face to face contact or phone contact as well as networking with client’s providers on a monthly basis.
- Manage a caseload of 60 clients.
- Document the client’s progress.
- Assist clients with entitlements, housing.
- Conduct assessments on clients in their home, hospital, or supportive living facility
- Facilitate resources and services to clients
- Make consistent contact with participants receiving services
- Work with a team of Care Coordinators to serve the aging population in Peoria County
- Schedule visits with participants interested in receiving services
- Maintain and follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures while ensuring exam rooms, procedure room and front room are clean and tidy.
- Adhere to local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes. Make sure HIPPA, OSHA and office policies are always followed and always presentable to patients.
- Create, maintain, and enter patient demographics, insurance information and patient specific documents into paper and electronic charts.
- Schedule and confirm the doctor’s in house appointments as well as out of office procedures, lunches for medical reps, meetings with attorneys, and maintain physical therapy schedule.
- Manage paper and electronic filing systems to maintain documents such as attendance records, patient/insurnace correspondence, and other material.
- Check patients in/out, answer phone calls/emails/faxes and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Collect patient copays/deductibles/balances at time of check in and keep records of collections and patient communications with regards to their accounts.
- Responsible for accurate review and entry of authorization data into computerized database. Manages expiring authorization reports.
- Assists case management with scheduling and coordination of patient services, as directed by the team. Meets regularly with clinical team and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Answers phone for team, triaging calls, answering questions and escalating as appropriate.
- Performs clerical duties, such as filing, typing, copying, faxing, and taking messages, as directed by supervisor
- Performs all other duties as assigned.