- Ensured security and confidentiality of patient’s information. Kept patient’s records, payment schedules, and insurance updated into company database.
- Encrypted medical charges through the standard codes using ICD-10.
- Managed computer system; dealt with sending out bills to patients and insurance companies.
- Provided direct supervision and training to new employees.
- Performed processing functions necessary to ensure timely and accurate commercial insurance billing.
- Processed statements, keyed data, posted transactions, and verified accuracy of input to reports generated through the use of the APP Server and Accumedics.
- Researched and responded to patient inquiries regarding billing issues as necessary.
- Perform all facets of Accounting – Audit, Taxation, Accounts Receivables and Payables
- Computing the patients bills in the hospital
- Post medical insurance billings.
- Answered phones and all necessary office equipment.
- Compile and prepare reports, or other information required by management.
- Received patient payments and helped answer questions on patients bills.
- Followed up on submitted claims; monitored unpaid claims, initiated tracers; resubmitted claims as necessary. Closed encounters using ICD 10 and CPT coding.
- Contacted and worked with all managed care, commercial and private insurances as well as Medicaid and Medicare for processing and verifying claims.
- labeling the clamais and sort them in the right place.
- process the financial parts of the claim.
- Issue checks and make the full or partial payment for hundreds of claimes.
- Make the report for each claim.
- Electronically submitted claims through the use of software systems. Printed paper claims for insurance companies who did not accept them electronically.
- Printed and mailed statements to clients and organization accounts monthly.
- Reviewed clients past due balances and sent to collections the ones that needed to go.
- Received and posted payments from clients, insurance companies, and organization accounts.Completed necessary paperwork to get reimbursements for all drugs and vaccines given to clients.Maintained the strictest confidentiality and adhered to all HIPPA guidelines and regulations