- Managed a team of 6 benefits professionals and 2 HRIS professionals.
- Responsible for consultant and vendor relationship management; compliance with State and Federal regulations; development and execution of benefits strategy including establishing and monitoring budget, employee communications and maintenance of plan documents.
- Led non-discrimination testing, government filings and audits for defined benefit, defined contribution and health and welfare plans; partnered with corporate controller and actuaries on FAS reporting.
- Supported labor negotiations by providing strategic direction, offering unique and innovative solutions (UAW, USW, IAM.)
- Managed the Chapter 11 bankruptcy process as it related to health and welfare plans, retirement plans, development of comprehensive data room and the due diligence research. Worked closely with legal counsel on all benefits related issues. Lead team member in the negotiation and implementation of agreement with union and salaried retirees on a variety of issues resulting in reduction of cost and future FAS106 liability; including eliminating post-retirement medical benefits and establishing a trust-sponsored VEBA.
- Administered the organization’s beneﬁts programs (e.g. retirement plans, leave policies, wellness programs, insurance policies, etc.)
- Assessed and monitored beneﬁts and compensation trends.
- Trained executive staff members on beneﬁt programs as well as incoming new hires.
- Lead and managed entire beneﬁts and compensation projects and functions.
- Analyzed and modified compensation and beneﬁts policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Completed, verified, and processed forms and documentation for the administration of beneﬁts such as pension plans, and unemployment and medical insurance.
- Actively maintained current working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding principles, government regulation, protocols and third party requirements regarding billing.
- Interacted with providers and other medical professionals regarding billing documentation policies and procedures.