activity director / coordinator
- Providing effective customer service to all prospective tenants, currant tenants and property staff by utilizing in-depth knowledge to the property and its functions.
- Responsible for property planning and implementation of resident activities and promoting a quality living experience.
- Responsible for resident related functions to achieve community goals surrounding resident retention.
- Working and involved with all aspects of sales and marketing for the community.
- Create and coordinate programs and events surrounding social and physical activities such as Party’s , Birthdays, Excursions Etc….
- Responsible for setting up and taking down event.
- Create and produce the monthly calendar with activities and events newsletters and fliers for community needs.
activity director, clr
- Worked in advance to create detailed daily schedules
- Created a large variety of fun and team building activities
- Organized and guided group activities to be ran in a smooth manner
- Divided campers into different clubs of their choice
- Delegated activities for staff members to run according to their strengths and preferences
- Maintained stock and inventory of all supplies
- Supervising two full-time activity assistants.
- Over-seeing their in-service training, organizing up-coming activities, and daily activities.
- Planning two different monthly activity calendars one for traditional unit and the other one for memory support unit for advanced Alzheimer’s and dementia residents
- Monthly calendars include daily and hourly activities such as poker games, bingo, lunch outing, equine therapy in Gardendale, Tx., Wal-Mart shopping, monthly birthday celebrations. To give residents a quality of life
- Daily Staff meeting with Department Heads and Administrator to discuss department goals, identifying problems and finding solutions
- Weekly POD calls with Activity Directors from six other Tx State Veteran Homes. To share new information, progress, event planning for state observed military days, such as USO Day, Vietnam Veterans Day and others that are observed monthly.
- Weekly Care Plan meetings with clinical departments, including social worker and Registered Nurse, to discuss an individual resident’s needs, care, progress and goals.
- Certified Activity Professional
- Oversee the recreational activities for geriatric groups.
- Maintain detailed and complete records of health care plans provided by team of doctors and nurses.
- Plan, organize, implement or maintain Activity schedules/programs.
- Responsible for ensuring these programs meet any federal or state regulations and are safe and appropriate for seniors.
- Created interactive, adaptive and engaging activities for campers
- Assisted with solving behavioural issues
- Led groups of children through varies activities such as canoeing, archery and crafts
- Enriched campers knowledge of the environment