- High level of business and financial management skills.
- Excellent stock and cash management
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Hands on management style,leading by example
- The ability to manage labour costs and rosters.
- Extensive experience within the bar/pub/gaming industry.
- Current Accreditation : RSA, RSG, Victorian Gaming License, TAB basics and Licensees’ First step.
- Development and implementation of operation procedures
- Ensuring the venue is operating within the constraints of the liquor license
- Ability to liase with licensing officers, police and government department as required
- Researching, managing and reporting on competitor activity to maximise market opportunities
- Organise workflow and delegation of duties to appropriate staff members
- Ensuring ethical conduct by all members of staff and maintain an ongoing position of the company as a business of high repute
- Ability to develop, maintain and meet key performance indicators in line with company strategies
- Scheduled and conducted venue tours.
- Planned and coordinated details of booked events.
- Coordinated with outside vendors and kept vendors updated throughout the wedding.
- Held planning meetings with clients to go over wedding day events.
- Handled all wedding events including ceremony, grand entrance, dinner, toasts, cake cutting, first dances, bouquet/garter toss, etc.
- Identifying and implementing plans to develop partnerships with aligned brands providing similar quality, service and value
- Participating in overall sales strategy planning internally and with key stakeholders
- Negotiating pricing for corporate events and functions
- Continually pursuing and developing new business opportunities
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance of venue facilities.
- Hire, train, and supervise all staff.
- Confer with head chef to plan and cost establishments’ menus.
- Plan private functions or other special events and services.
- Referred to reports to ensure controls were put in place to minimise wastage, control labour and to make improvements to the ongoing success of the business.
- Payroll duties.