- Conduct independent field audits and investigations of income tax returns to verify information or to amend tax liabilities.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Calculate form preparation fees according to return complexity and processing time required.
- Produced US and state income, gift tax and estate tax returns for individuals
- Take phone calls from clients and answer clients’ questions
- Advise clients in the tax preparation process
- Check tax documents and file tax returns for clients
- Ensure the confidentiality of each client
- Calculate, file and sign income tax returns
- Answer phones and take massages
- Courtesy calls
- Some cleaning
- Studied and received certification to prepare taxes for the 2017 tax season.
- Be knowledgeable on current tax laws to inform clients on the best ways to file.
- Greet clients and provide a professional and welcoming environment.
- Answering incoming phone calls and providing information for clients on their account and setting appointments.
- Placing outbound calls to clients to update them on accounts and to request additional information.
- Prepare State and Federal income taxes for individuals and businesses to include self employment and itemizations.
- Send tax files to the State of Georgia and IRS.
- Prepare refund checks.
- Enter tax return information into computers for processing