- Prepare patient for Optometrist.
- Obtain and record patients’ medical history.
- Measure intraocular pressure with Non-contact tonometer.
- Perform autorefraction test.
- Check current glasses prescription with Lensometer.
- Optomap imaging.
- Optical Coherence Tomography imaging.
- Take records of customer visual acuities, recording details of complaints, or comments in regards to their vision and eye comfort. Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors.
- Consult with Doctor and refer patients to ophthalmologist or other health care practitioner if additional medical treatment is determined necessary and obtain authorization if required.
- Visual field screening.
- Corneal pachymetry measurement.
- Prepare file for Optometrist.
- Obtain and record patients’ medical history including medications, past surgeries and current glasses prescription.
- Measure intraocular pressure with Tono-Pen.
- Administer dilation drops.
- Document Optometrist exam findings and treatment plan to the patient record.
- Assist Optometrist in management of medical emergencies via phone.
- Send in prescribed medications to the patient’s pharmacy.
- Use computers for various applications, such as scheduling and putting in patient information.
- Answer telephones and provide information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Collect payments from patients, and keep records of collections and ensure accounts are balanced.
- Color vision testing.
- Perform pretesting on patients to prepare them for the doctor.
- Handled billing and invoicing questions.
- Instructed contact lens training’s on insertion and removal.
- Called insurances to confirm patients eligibility before arrival.
- Comfortable speaking with different offices in regards to mutual patients as well as record transfer.
- Requires little to no supervision to complete tasks.
- Extremely proficient with all optometric instruments used in pretesting, including non-contact tonometer, lensometer, OPD, as well as fundus photos