- Plans and procure materials based on demand at a given vendor’s lead time.
- Recommends to discontinue or minimize order of items based on the actual sales (ABC Analysis).
- Ensures supply availability when it is needed for the production.
- Controls inventory at the acceptable level / week of supply.
- Recommends acceptable level of safety / buffer stocks.
- Coordinate with QC personnel when there are material issues and assess / suggest directions on what to do with the rejected items based on demand.
- Communicate with vendors for possible earliest delivery for the immediate requirements.
- Manage Production Flow.
- Ensure Product Supply.
- Track Material Shipments.
- Control of the stock ( coverage profile, safety stock, Rounding value, product cycle life, ABC&XYZ classification … )
- Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations.
- Improve Kpi’s ( Stock level, supplier backlogs, special airfreight costs … )
- Oversee and improve vendor performance.
- To ensure the adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Scheduling and monitoring the supply and delivery of materials.
- Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and engineering supports.
- Negotiate with vendors to accept below MOQ orders, due to low volume requirement at a same price. Else, present and request for approval to management for possible inventory exposure.
- ATTEND PRODUCTION REVIEW MEETINGS AND ASSIST IN RELEVANT CORRECTIVE ACTIONS TO ENSURE ON-TIME DELIVERY ACHIEVEMENT.
- MANAGE THE MOVEMENT OF RAW MATERIALS AND WORK IN PROCESS MATERIALS FROM POINT OF ORIGIN TO POINT OF CONSUMPTION.
- DRAW UP RM&PM PURCHASING PLAN ACCORDING TO PRODUCTION PLAN, AND REGULARLY PROVIDE FORECAST TO SUPPLIER.
- DEVELOP INVENTORY AND PLANT ASSET MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES TO SUPPORT PRODUCTION AND MANUFACTURING GOALS WHILE ADHERING TO CUSTOMER REQUESTED SHIP DATES.
- MANAGE AND OPTIMIZE THE MAKE TO STOCK, MAKE TO ORDER PROCESSES, AND PLANNING WORK INSTRUCTIONS, AND DATA STANDARDS.
- ASSIST IN THE COORDINATION OF MEETINGS/WORKSHOPS AND KEEP ALL STAKEHOLDERS ABREAST OF DECISIONS AND PROGRESS ON PROJECTS.
material planner (raw materials)
- Interface between the Sourcing Units, Services team and the broader supply chain business functions to ensure that there are no interruptions in supply and that the highest level of customer service is achieved.
- Managing launch of planned innovations and the delivery of renovations throughout the innovation process, with minimal write off costs (Accountable for business waste management and minimization irrespective of the type of innovation).
- Ensure adequate cover for the production plan while at the same timing managing stock levels within Working Capital Targets.
- Responsible for the management and communication of material forecasts post with suppliers and pro-actively identifying and managing any potential supply constraints. Also need to manage supplier relationships and accountability with Procurement and solve escalations raised by the site team.