- Worked with minimal supervision
- Responsible for care of up to 50 pets
- Performed daily kennel duties such as cleaning and feeding
- Maintained the front desk in a neat and organized way
- Wrote reports regarding animal health for supervisor
- Handled incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Kept cages, runs clean and sanitized
- Prepared and gave out food
- Picking up and cleaning after pets
- Watching overall condition of pets
- Cleaning all outdoor and indoor kennels.
- Making sure the dogs are fed and watered with clean bowls, and a healthy kennel environment.
- Giving the dogs any kind of medications required.
- Lifting objects of at least 50 lbs.
- Overseeing any volunteers.
- Handling any adoption/foster cases.
- Please note this position was as needed by the veterinary office where I only worked a few months out of each year.
- Record and maintain health of the animals boarded into kennels.
- Administer medicine to specific animals.
- Adhere to a walking and feeding schedule.
- Responsible to keep kennels sanitized and safe.
- Monitor and Feed All Animals
- Observe Dogs During Day Care
- Interact with Customers Bringing in and Picking up Animals
- Follow Instructions Given by Customers and Distribute Medication when Needed
- Clean Animal Quarters