- Verify customers’ credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the event.
- Contact cleaners and maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Make and confirm bookings for weddings and events.
- Advise cleaning staff when hall been vacated and is ready for cleaning.
- Prepare for basic food service, such as setting up for major events and weddings. Catering to up to 1000 people.
- Interview and hire applicants.
- Organize and coordinate the work of staff and convention personnel for meetings to be held at a particular facility.
- Part of the pre-opening team and supported in setting up the department and establishing clearly defined processes to develop the business.
- Responsible for the execution of all residential group programs and local catering coordinating with the group sales team to optimize conference and banqueting revenues as well as operational departments to to ensure highest quality in service delivery and repeat business.
- Duties included site inspections with meeting planners and guests, sending out events proposal and agreements and preparation of group and event documentation i.e. Group Information Sheets, BEOs and Revisions.
- Interacting with customers to promote the restaurant, securing potential clients to book with us for future events e.g. 40th’s, engagements, catering businesses, baby showers, etc
events manager / promoter
- Confer with Artists, Managers and staff regarding bookings and negotiation of contracts.
- Poster Design, printing and distribution.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation, audio visuals, sound requirements and catering.
- Plan and develop programs, agendas, budgets, and services.
- Design and implement efforts to publicize events and promote.
events manager/ student engagement
- Managed administrative request and queries from clients and senior managers
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as correspondences, workshops, and other materials.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, staff and students
- Develop and plan event topics and choose featured speakers..
- Plan and develop programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to project requirements.
- Direct administrative details such as financial operations, dissemination of promotional materials, and responses to inquiries
- Supervise other clerical staff and provide training and orientation to new staff, (Student Interns)
- Processed orders & created invoices using MYOB.
- Kept track of stock.
- Created form templates for employees to use.
- Developed the company’s website.
- Booked & helped organise private functions such as weddings, birthdays and corporate parties.
- Setup PA systems for functions.