- Provide customers with fast and friendly service.
- Prepare quality foods.
- Maintaining general appearance.
- Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat for customers.
deli associate, cashier
- Slice, weigh, bag, label and price a variety of different meets and cheeses for customers.
- Fried and Baked different foods for the sales floor and hot bar.
- Decorate cakes and cupcakes for customers and for the sales floor.
- Price and Rotate inventory to assure freshness.
- Scan items that have gone out of date.
- Computer work – Inputting data
- Truck Unloading
- Customer Service – Taking phone calls, waiting on customers, taking orders.
- Providing a clean and sanitary work area.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products.
- Shave and slice meats and cheeses for customers and correctly follow product recipes.
- Assist with product production, packaging, presentation, and restocking.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of department products and make customers feel welcome and appreciated by responding to questions and making suggestions about products and recipes.
- Inform customers of department specials.
- Prepare bistro items per customer requests using proper bistro equipment.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads
- Cook and package batches of food, such as fried chicken
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as deep-fat fryers, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Prepare sandwiches, following recipe.
- Zone and stock areas outside of the immediate deli area.