Assistant Controller Resume Examples
- Management of Finance, Purchasing and Administration departments
- Direction of cash flow of the purchase of product which comprises 30% of the total budget
- Management of $5M in outstanding accounts receivable for both vendors and customers’ this includes communication with customers regarding delinquent balances and development of resolution processes to minimize outstanding balances
- Work directly with Senior Management team to analyze and research reporting issues to improve accounting and purchasing procedures
- Training of new employees and development of current employees in company procedures and strategic vision to ensure we meet our sales goals
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing monthly reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
assistant controller (it)
- Monitored network, reviewed network performance reports to identify problems & implement solutions for improvements.
- Created & maintained documentation regarding network element configuration & operating procedures.
- Developed, implemented and maintained appropriate data storage solutions.
- Worked with vendors to understand new technology products & solutions, maintained existing applications & provided support for application.
- Updated current infrastructure, deployed new equipment.
- Maintained overall ownership of user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable time-frame.
- Provided enhancement request feedback to IT regarding technology environment and customer needs through the defined processes.
junior assistant controller
- Credit cards conciliation
- Assets activation in fix assets register
- Booking and paying invoices to vendors
- Assisting in preparation of management reports
- Other ad hoc projects related to guests servicing
- Facilitate account closing procedures each month
- Create Financial overviews for management
- Keep track of Marketing Budget
- Administrate Bonus agreements
- Verify and process Expense reports
- Month end bookings of Expense Accruals and Prepayments, for all regions of the bank.
- Total Cost Recharges of all Business Development Centers.
- Training & Development Recharges/ Re-class through IB bookings.
- MoM analysis of expense for overall function at actuals.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations of the posted balances and sign off.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements for SOX compliance.
- Continuous review of processes with the objective of improving the service delivery timeframes and identify areas of improvement, implementing new SOPs – leading the process improvement projects.
- Assist the Controller in the financial aspects of the hotel as well as maintain the standard operating procedures of the company.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices/checks.
- Handle all cash deposits to the bank. Also maintain all house banks on property with bank audits.
- Process the daily revenue report for the owners to provide a clear look at how the hotel was performing daily.
- Process payroll through Ultipro and Timesaver.
- Supervise finance department and manage a team of eight, including procurement, inventory, property, accounts payable, invoicing, financial statement preparation, internal controls, and month end close processes.
- Conduct weekly development meetings with corporate and operational management teams to determine corporate needs, provide training, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and company policy/procedures.
- Monitor direct and indirect expenses for accurate charging to projects and accounts. Reconcile GL discrepancies and direct corrective actions to fix inaccuracies.
- Compile management/executive level reporting packages, including: financial statements, ratio analysis, quarterly financials, budget variances, and other ad hoc reporting.
- Calculate monthly revenue recognition entries across multiple contract types and business divisions.
- Lead department efforts to improve business systems and practices, establish efficient internal controls, and comply with government contracting requirements (FAR/DFARS).
- Execute corporate leases and other agreements for facilities and consultants.
- Maintain and reconcile all bank and general ledger accounts ($50 million in assets).
- Analysed monthly balance sheet and income statement accounts for corporate reporting.
- Restructured accounts payable process to take advantage of early payment discounts. This resulted in a savings of over $30k per year.
- Maintained overall ownership of user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Experience with full cycle accounting.
- Organising and implementing an accounting software system upgrade.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.