- Obtain cases assigned from the tax system;
- Obtain taxpayer’s accounts details from the tax system;
- Obtain all relevant documents from the Filing Room;
- Review account details and analyzing compliance with the tax legislation;
- Contact and Meet with taxpayers to obtain additional information;
- Instruct Notices of Reassessment;
- Record audit cases steps in the tax system;
tax auditor / indirect tax consultant
- Headed Audit department managing compliance and audit of 30 clients from diversified industries.
- Represented independently a case leading to tax demand waiver of Rs. 800,000.
- Devised an internal control procedure significantly reducing time delay in audit completion
- Producing an audit report for Audit Supervisor;
- Coach the junior auditors;
- Visit taxpayers’ premises to assess taxpayers’ compliance with tax legislation;
- Provide relevant information to taxpayers to promote good public relations and improve understanding of tax laws, regulations and procedures;
- Explain tax tables and methods of computation to taxpayers;
- Provide instructions to taxpayers on the use of forms;
- Assist taxpayers in the interpretation of tax laws.