tax analyst , gds
- Ground work related to transfer pricing studies
- Research utilizing many commercial databases to formulate search criteria as bench marking for various transactions not restricted to a singular industry
- Industry analysis using commercial data resources such as One Source
- Processing data and performing manual research activities to validate findings using company SEC/ government fillings, annual reports, or website information
- Check tax forms to verify that names and taxpayer identification numbers are correct, that computations have been performed correctly, or that amounts match those on supporting documentation.Enter tax return information into computers for processing.
- Development and motivation of engagement staff and provide them with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
- Ensure client satisfaction through Mandatory Self Assure, Quality Survey follow-up, Performance Improvement plan and Reviewer Development Program.
- Involved in taking training for new hires and new joiners.
- Maintain knowledge and keep track of changes in tax laws, accounting procedures and norms to properly evaluate financial information.
- Calculation of indirect taxes, with applicability of the Constitutional Amendment 87/2015 (defining tax rules on e-Commerce operations).
- Analysis of general tax rates to identify variationsbetween periods, preventing decreases/losses on the company results.
- Acting in the analysis and validation of new systemimplementations
- Daily analysis of changes in tax laws to identify possible changes that would impact company operations.
- Assist with the preparation of federal & state income and franchise tax returns and payments
- Assist with the preparation of responses to various tax audits
- Assist with responses to notices regarding federal and state tax issue
- Preparing research on various tax issue
- Assist with the preparation of income tax provision and tax account reconciliations
- Assist with other projects as necessary
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Maintained a distinct entity to compute tax related functions after doing an extensive research and analysis
- Filed tax returns on behalf of clients after reviewing them appropriately
- Collected information about tax packages and prepared tax account reconciliations
- Worked with engagement specific teams to resolve problems, improve operations and provide exceptional client service.