- Improve the established accounting procedures of projects in the MOH and create adjusted financial procedures
- Deal with accounting and financial irregularities
- Analyze the financial information and prepare periodic (monthly, quarterly and annually) liquidation and financial transaction reports
- Assist in training of ministry staff in accounting
- Work with MOH programmes related to UNto ensure that financial and technical reports tally each other with agreed Annual work plans (AWPs)
- Maintained the cash book, ensure proper filing and do the payments after approval by management.
- Preparation of imprest upon requested.
- Preparation of cheques for payments.
- Ensure proper internal control system.
- Submission of monthly and yearly reports to project manager.
- Experience in handling donors money( EU).
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and computers.
- Prepare purchase orders and expense reports using excel.
- Maintain records, document actions, and present written progress reports with photographs.
- Check fuel supplies at sites to ensure adequate availability while maintaining inventory record
- Designated to provide financial leadership for various projects namely North Bahrain New Town, Bahrain Bay, North Manama Causeway (Bahrain) and Qatar Gas (Qatar).
- Coordinated with Project Directors in the forecasting of Budget Control Report and communicated directly to the Regional Finance Manager for the preparation of Financial Accounting Data. Part of the Finance Team that lay down guidelines and assumptions, consolidating inputs from the stakeholders into the budget and presenting to the Finance Committee for approval. Includes preparation of quarterly full-year forecast.
- Improved existing reports of other departments within the projects to make more efficient the monitoring and control of costs and to enhance cross-project reporting processes.
- Established and managed a Branch Office in Doha, Qatar. Integrated the financial and administrative business process for various project in Qatar.
- Supervised a team of four that successfully met the project’s deliverables and contributed to the achievement of overall corporate objectives.
- Administered the pilot testing and implementation of new accounting software (ERP-Lite) for Middle East projects. Supplied required training for co-workers.
- Follow-up on the financials of funded projects in terms of project success factors.
- Follow-up with the budgeting and allocations department to track the value of spending on budget items quarterly and annually.
- Track disbursement of dues owed to the projects after checking the progress of work provided by the project.
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial reports for management.
- Prepare reconciliation of all accounts.
- Approve accounting voucher entries.
- Preparing staff payroll data and monthly payroll entry.