Management Accountant Resume Examples
- Prepare and analyze management accounts, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compile and post general ledger entries ensuring nearly 100% accuracy.
- Analyse and research reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures.
- Train new employees and trainees on accounting principles and company procedures hereby ensuring they add value to the team.
- Computed taxes owed by applying prescribed rates, laws and regulations (VAT,PAYE and Income tax).
- Valuation of inventory and allowing for absolute and damaged inventory inline with IAS 2.
- Monitoring of inventory cycle from raw material to finished products and overseeing stock taking.
- Plan cost budgeting for production department.
- Prepare and process periodic financial statements for internal use.
- Create periodic reports comparing budgeted profits to actual profits.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, and obligations, to provide advice to the board of directors.
- Assisted business partners (Production, Plant Maintenance, Sales and Shared Services in Sydney) in managing business performance through ‘what if’ scenarios.
- Strategic Planning – 5 Years, Budgeting, Forecasting, Financial and Management Reporting.
- Balance Sheet reconciliation management.
- Business KPI analysis.
- Product & Customer profitability reviews.
- Financial inventory management including stocktake.
- Internal Audit reviews.
- Accounts payable/receivable management. Handled all invoices and payments, conducted account reconciliations, checked all accruals payable to the company in due date conducted debt collection, issued cheques, monitored and controlled all debtors and creditors daily and liaised with them regarding late payment/payment plan.
- Analysis and reporting. Responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements and accounts variance analysis. Prepared ad hoc management reports on the business performance including cash flow reports, sales reports bank reports.
- Budgeting and forecasting. Preparing forecasts and budgets by comparing figures from previous years, making suggestions and alterations and preparing a new budget including variable and fixed costs.
- Maintaining of the asset register and depreciating of assets, posting of depreciation journals.
- Reporting to Senior Management Accountant, this short fixed term contract was to reconcile revenue and expenses; and to analyze and account for any variances; for the Prosthetic business unit of 12 hospitals.
- Financial Projects.
- Facilitator between business stakeholders and Shared Business Service in Sydney.
- Contract Labour (Integrated and Adecco) relationship management and Statutory compliance.
- Developed internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting ensuring desired returns on investments are realized .
- Preparing monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS standards.
- Developed detailed annual budgets, analyzed monthly expenses, cost fluctuations ensuring target profit margins are attained and the saving of costs.
- Providing management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post implementation analysis as well as periodic analysis of operational financial and non financial information for attainment of set targets.
- Managing trainee accountants, including day-to-day communication and motivation as well as succession planning and performance management.
- Audit preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Provide various finance support and information to assigned location’s controllers and finance managers.
- Modify a comprehensive financial reporting package to reflect the current financial performance and financial position of the segments’ geomarkets.
- Compile general ledger entries on a short schedule with nearly 100% accuracy.
- Assist Country Financial Controllers in developing, maintaining, and analyzing the budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Involve in the Business Process/Knowledge Transition project in 2013 for 6 months in Pau, France.
- Perform country site visit to attend the annual inventories and tools count, one-to-one review session with the Geomarket and country controllers in 2015 for 1 month in Port Gentil, Gabon.
- Posting month end accruals, stock and transfer journals
- Generating monthly financial reports, profit and loss and balance sheet with associated variance analysis
- Monthly reporting on the financial results and performance of the business identifying the key areas which need improvement and measure of cost effectiveness
- Reconciliation of monthly Balance sheet accounts and preparation of Accounts Pack for audit purpose.
- Analysing and reviewing of key contracts with value added commentary on findings
- Assist in the finalisation and upload of the annual budgets and monthly forecasting
- Ensure compliance with all financial standards
- Manage capital expenditure and Fixed Asset Register
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation and preparation of monthly accounts pack for audit
- Assisting the business development team with financial statement for new and existing RFP(Request for Proposal)
- Assisting in new contract mobilisation with the financial aspect
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and compliance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Maintained integrity of general ledger, performing monthly balance accounts reconciliation.
- Prepare statutory reports required by laws, regulations, or management reports demanded by boards of directors.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial control functions.
- Developed a comprehensive financial reporting package to reflect growing organisational complexity and accommodate international parent company’s requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses and to provide advice on financial matters to management team.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.