- Prepare and analyze management accounts, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compile and post general ledger entries ensuring nearly 100% accuracy.
- Analyse and research reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures.
- Train new employees and trainees on accounting principles and company procedures hereby ensuring they add value to the team.
- Computed taxes owed by applying prescribed rates, laws and regulations (VAT,PAYE and Income tax).
- Valuation of inventory and allowing for absolute and damaged inventory inline with IAS 2.
- Monitoring of inventory cycle from raw material to finished products and overseeing stock taking.
- Plan cost budgeting for production department.
- Prepare and process periodic financial statements for internal use.
- Create periodic reports comparing budgeted profits to actual profits.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, and obligations, to provide advice to the board of directors.
- Assisted business partners (Production, Plant Maintenance, Sales and Shared Services in Sydney) in managing business performance through ‘what if’ scenarios.
- Strategic Planning – 5 Years, Budgeting, Forecasting, Financial and Management Reporting.
- Balance Sheet reconciliation management.
- Business KPI analysis.
- Product & Customer profitability reviews.
- Financial inventory management including stocktake.
- Internal Audit reviews.
- Accounts payable/receivable management. Handled all invoices and payments, conducted account reconciliations, checked all accruals payable to the company in due date conducted debt collection, issued cheques, monitored and controlled all debtors and creditors daily and liaised with them regarding late payment/payment plan.
- Analysis and reporting. Responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements and accounts variance analysis. Prepared ad hoc management reports on the business performance including cash flow reports, sales reports bank reports.
- Budgeting and forecasting. Preparing forecasts and budgets by comparing figures from previous years, making suggestions and alterations and preparing a new budget including variable and fixed costs.
- Maintaining of the asset register and depreciating of assets, posting of depreciation journals.
- Reporting to Senior Management Accountant, this short fixed term contract was to reconcile revenue and expenses; and to analyze and account for any variances; for the Prosthetic business unit of 12 hospitals.
- Financial Projects.
- Facilitator between business stakeholders and Shared Business Service in Sydney.
- Contract Labour (Integrated and Adecco) relationship management and Statutory compliance.