- responsible for timely flow of merchandise to the sales floor and storage area. Ensure the sales floor is full at all times with the appropriate product.
- Accurately track and document new and used inventories, utilizing inventory tools. Maintain an high level of back room/off-site organization so that items may be easily located. Participate in preparing store for and conducting periodic inventory audits and annual counts.
- Maintain store displays and adhere to store housekeeping procedures and maintenance standards. Follow the brand merchandising direction regarding inventory signage. Ensure products are easily accessible, visually appealing, and constantly available to the customer on the sales floor.
- Participate in the planning and execution of seasonal merchandising changes, floor transitions and events (sales or other) according to standards and expectations.
- Stage incoming shipments, verifying deliveries for accuracy. Maintain accurate records of purchase orders, damaged items, and delivery over/shortage.
- Report any discrepancies, theft, or suspected theft by employees or customers to the appropriate parties immediately.
- Proficiency in operating POS system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
- Managing 2 teams of 20+ employees and reporting to Head of Planning.
- Managing inventory for 40+ stores in addition to the central DC.
- Develop action plans and monitor stock performance to achieve goals.
- Perform bi-weekly meeting with Brand Manager to ensure aligning of sales forecasts with inventory levels including all inventory disciplines (new launches, receiving, shipping, cycle count program, net variance report, stock adjustments, etc…)
- Oversee cycle counts programs to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Analyze reports to ensure data integrity (i.e. inventory adjustments reports, net variance reports, negative on hand report, and inventory movement reports).
- Monitor in-transit stock and investigate pending transfers.
- Organize and clean the vehicle lot.
- Assign daily tasks and responsibilities of team members.
- Work with all other McGrath locations in Iowa to swap unsold vehicles to different stores to try other markets.
- Upload pictures and information of new vehicles to the company website.
- Deliver vehicles and titles to customers all over the state of Iowa.
- Confer with potential customers regarding vehicle wants and needs and suggest specific add-ons or packages that would benefit them.
- Confer or consult with department heads to plan services and to secure information on inventory and customer specifications.
- Maintain new Ford, Lincoln, Toyota and Kia inventory. This involves organization of lot as well as ordering retail units and special ordered units.
- Handle all incoming/outgoing dealer trades and transportation.
- Manage a total of $18 million worth of inventory between all franchises.
- Kept track of orders
- Oversaw warehouse operations
- Organized inventory and worked efficiently alongside warehouse crew
- Shadowed CEO and learned company’s marketing tactics