external auditor (industrial trainee)
- Verified financial statement of public listed companies, private limited companies and dormant companies in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Ensured compliance with established internal procedures by examining reports, processes, and documentation
- Prepared working papers, reports and supporting documentation for audit findings
- Ensure procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with
- Performed statutory audit
- Prepare the financial statement, balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, tax return form, and Property plant and equipment schedule.
- Audit the organization’s balance sheet, profit and loss statements and ledger accounts
- Verify the accuracy and legality within the documents and approve them with a signature
- Draft audit report to point out the discrepancies within the data and make suitable suggestions to correct them
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statements of client
- Communicating with client employees to explain any significant audit issue, scope of the audit, etc.
- Request the organization and collect the requisite documents for performing the audit
- Detailed oriented audit professional served in a project management capacity.
- Supervised auditing of establishments, and determine scope of investigation required.
- Assessment and management of business and risk, made recommendations on improving internal controls.
- Client service responsibilities, including providing professional guidance to the company’s audit function.
- Management of different client engagements.
- Reviewed and evaluated the work and performance of the auditors in each project engagement.
senior external auditor
- Assessment of audit risk at clients and determining the audit approach;
- Plan, execute and manage teams involved in the audit (quarterly, interim and final), review, AUP of companies including complex Group consolidations and audits including review of financial reports prepared as per US, UK and International GAAP and ensuring compliance as per International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Review of and assistance in preparation of individual and consolidated FS and other information for management reporting according to the requirements of statute and IFRS;
- Delegated, reviewed work of junior staff and peer staff;
- Liaising with client personnel and team members across geographical locations to achieve engagement objectives;
- Prepared and reviewed consolidation of group companies which included liaising with subsidiary companies and their auditors, reconciliation of intercompany balances, passing the necessary consolidation adjustment entries, ensuring that correct accounting, presentation and disclosure of balances at year end;
- Preparation & completion of IFRS checklist & ensuring compliance with UAE rules & regulations governing the companies;
- Audit financial statements in accordance with IFRS and related laws/rules;
- Identifying risks/controls and testing it’s effectiveness based on Control/Risk Matrices;
- Verify data integrity;
- Using data analytics to understand accounts behavior.