- Leading the external audits of listed and non-listed Omani registered companies primarily representing oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, telecommunication and financial services sectors
- Leading IFRS 9, 15 and 16 implementations for entities registered in Oman
- Lead special assignments in the nature of IFRS consulting and impact analysis, fraud investigations and internal system reviews
- Member of technical core group of BDO Oman
- Self motivated team leader with experience in training and mentoring office staff and people from external environment.
- Led audit engagement teams through planning, execution and completion stages of the audit;
- Controlled overall cost of engagement through budgeting and timely completion of field work;
- Liaison with client’s management and communication of key audit issues to persons at appropriate levels of responsibility;
- Ensured timely submission of key deliverable to the client within stringent deadlines;
- Coordinated with Team Manager and Engagement Partner to update on the progress of engagements;
- On-the-job training and professional development of staff;
- Supervised, reviewed and finalized of an assurance engagement;
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in auditing, storing, and shipping products or materials.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse inventory and security programs and activities.
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and inventory manuals.
- Ensured compliance with the ethical and professional requirements of the Code of ethics at the engagement level;
- • Review of the supporting documentation of the accounting operations, from the accounting and tax point of view, of different companies of the organization (Cervecería San Juan, Agroindustrias Backus, San Ignacio S.A.), applying the tax limits to the expenses of each company.
- Implementation of tax requirements in the supporting documentation of the expenses incurred by the different companies of the organization (Cervecería San Juan, Agroindustrias Backus, San Ignacio S.A.), reducing the risk of sanctions for the infractions to be generated from maintaining the previous processes.
- • Implementation of tax requirements in the supporting documentation of the expenses incurred by the different companies of the organization (Cervecería San Juan, Agroindustrias Backus, San Ignacio S.A.), reducing the risk of sanctions for the infractions to be generated from maintaining the previous processes.
- Established a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, clients and other stakeholders;
- Preparation and review of financial statements
- Overseeing audit planning, fieldwork and audit reporting. Communicating findings and recommendations to line and senior management
- Responsible for the daily supervision of audit staff , development of staff through training and completion of performance evaluations
- Ensuring accurate and timely filing of tax returns
- Supervising audit team to ensure quality and on time delivery
- Developing time and budgets for upcoming audits
- Evaluating and enhancing internal controls to improve operational efficiency.