Audit Associate Resume Examples
- Internal Audit
- Internal Financial Control Audit
- Special Audit u/s 142(2A) of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Bank Audit
- Performed test of details, test of operating effectiveness and substantive analytical procedures
- In-charged specific areas of audit including control testwork and substantive testwork for private and public clients with minimal supervision
- Identify and assess risks of material misstatement of financial reports due to final; assess internal controls and ensure controls are effectively designed
- Identified and communicated accounting and auditing matters to managers and discussed audit findings with clients
- Examine records and interview clients to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations
- Prepare audit working papers by documenting audit test and and findings
- Engage in year-end physical inventory count to ensure existence and valuation
- Collect and analyse financial trend using company’s internally developed software
- Organised various audit planning documents, risk assessment, internal control questionnaires, background analysis, planning memos, and work programs.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value and location of property
- Developed and maintained client relationship through excellent communication skill with clients to deliver solutions on major accounting adjustments
- Finished two (2) busy seasons doing tightly time-bound tasks as an Associate while already taking on Senior Associate roles on some tasks
- Reviews the financial statements and ensures compliance with GAAP
- Performs walk through procedures on various business processes and IT environment as part of understanding the business
- Performs relevant internal control testing, journal entry testing and substantive testing procedures and other general audit procedures
- Performs analytical review on financial and non-financial data
- Involves in discussion of accounting and audit findings with the engagement executives and client
- Prepares management letter comments on identified control deficiencies and recommendations for management review
audit associate / senior
- Audit payroll and personnel records to determine liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
- Analyzed financial statements to facilitate internal control tests and evaluate the functioning of the accounting system. Identified business risks, activities and circumstances to test;
- Held meetings with management and analyzed existing operations, business processes, identified and evaluated internal controls. Ensured proper audit techniques are used
- Participated in preparation of consolidated financial statements;
- Draft financial statements in compliance of audit functions
- Audit all accounts in Banking, Microfinance, Electric Cooperatives, Hospital and Schools
- Resolve client inquiries and issues relating to audit functions
- Prepare audit reports and statements for the management
- Ensure compliance of best practices of all audit procedures and standards
- Assisting in carrying out quality audit services to clients in a specific industry sector.
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to managers.
- Interact with clients to help ensure that the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient.
- Review of Income Statement ,Profit & Loss and Balance sheet using tick and tie,footing,cross footing technique in excel.
- Preparation, Finalization and Review of Financial Statements as per statutory & professional requirements.
- Risk assessment of critical and significant audit areas, prepared audit plans and programs.
- Evaluation of the strength and weaknesses of the accounting and internal control system and recommending best practices.
- Review of cash flows, budgets, revenues, expenses, payroll computation, invoices and other accounting documents.
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining an effective system for analyzing and reporting on operating and capital expenditure
- Preparation and review of various reconciliation statement e.g. BRS, Stock.
- Executed day-to-day activities of audit engagements of various clients;
- Assisted in audit planning, risk assessment, materiality, sampling and documented audit procedures;
- Performed walk-through to understand financial reporting systems and to identify internal controls that reduce the risk of material misstatement of financial results;
- Assisted in assessing control environment and testing the operating effectiveness of internal control;
- Identified accounting and auditing matters and communicated those to audit managers;
- Utilized detailed analytical procedures to analyze statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income and statement of financial position accounts, in order to set expectations, determining variance thresholds, and investigating all differences beyond expectations;
- Performed substantive procedures;
- Review taxpayer accounts, and conduct audits on-site, by correspondence, or by summoning taxpayer to office.
- Assessment and identification of key risk areas of the organization and checked whether the organization has appropriate internal controls in place, if not provided the entity suggestions
- Provided a reasonable assurance about the currency risk, liquidity risk and other risky areas of the client
- Planning and coordinating the engagement with various parties including Engagement Partner, Subordinates and the Client
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.