Aml Analyst Resume Examples
- Conduct BSA monitoring program which includes exception monitoring, clearing, investigating and reporting in accordance with BSA/AML policies and procedures.
- Assist in the identification, risk assessment and on-going monitoring of high risk accounts for suspicious activity.
- Responsible for identifying and researching the patterns, trends and anomalies in complex transactions and customer data to detect, prevent, mitigate and report suspicious activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing and structuring of funds.
- Cross trained to adverse media cases, and investigates whether the alerted adverse media article is pertaining to the actual customer based on risk-based approach.
- Good knowledge on USA regulations
- Experience on SCC (Special category clients) accounts and investigations.
- Conduct meaningful analysis and assign an appropriate risk rating to clients as well as prepare a concise but comprehensive narrative and recommendation report whether to or not to file a Suspicious Transaction Report with FINTRAC (Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada).
- Prepare and transmit STR electronically to FINTRAC where an investigation proves the need to file STR on the client/account under review by using provided template and following laid down policies and procedures for STR Filing with FINTRAC
- Scan clients against databases to identify names/entities that relate to money laundering and/or terrorist financing, sanctioned Persons .
- Appointed as a team coach within 4 months which deepened and broadened my leadership skills through training programs and coaching new analyst by providing side-by-side support as well as assisting existing colleagues with inquiries in a professional and responsive manner by giving them appropriate guidance and referring to team lead where necessary.
- Improved the team’s productivity by 30% within 2 months as a Team Coach by documenting procedures and making recommendations to streamline current processes to consolidate them under proceedures that encompassed all programs needed to reach business needs leading to more timely insights.
- Chosen for Special Projects team – Team of seasoned Analyst that reviewed and resolved Tier2 Escalated cases that led to 60% reduction of Tier 2 and which probelled the bank to meeting its regulatory filing requirements in Q3 and Q4of 2018
- Member of Promontory Social Experience team – a committee that supports diversity by improving and fostering positive social environment in the workplace to create a sense of togetherness among co-workers to reflect the IBM brand thereby delivering high employee engagement and motivation.
- Holistic investigations for the alerts generated by the monitoring program and branch.
- Adhered to and complied with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including those related to Anti-money laundering.
- Monitor transactions to identify potential suspicious activity or any false positives.
- Investigation on all bank products.
- Identified patterns and trends consistent with money laundering, terrorist financing and flagged any suspicious activities detected. Investigate source and destination of funds to ascertain legitimacy of funds and its use, from account level investigations to customer level investigation and linked counterparts.
- Reporting anomalous customer profile to authorities as per regional standards and requirements.
- Analyzed transactions activity of correspondent banking transactions.Researched, Articulated and reviewed transactions on daily basis.
- Performed detailed analyses to detect patterns,trends,anomalies and schemes in transactions and relationships across multiple business/products.
- Analysed multiple significant cases,red flags and patterns associated with the laundering of illicit funds.Established investigation and make risk-based approach for each situation. Identified anomalies and escalations as they relate to AML initiatives.
- Responsible for identifying and researching the patterns, trends and anomalies in complex transactional and customer data to detect, prevent, mitigate and report suspicious activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing and structuring.
- Identifying the risk based alerts and escalating to the Senior Management for any actions.
- Identifying the duplicate alerts which are already closed under different result ID in order improve the work efficiency.
- Training to the team in closing the alerts if any difficulties occur
- Performing OFAC Sanction watch list testing on Bridger as per regulatory requirement and providing the status on weekly basis.
- Complete MIS management of alerts generated on Bridger.
- Reviewing of alerts raised by Accounts Payable team for new vendor creations.
- Identifying the material alerts which could pose reputational risk to the entity and taking necessary actions on such alerts.
- Analyst at the Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC) managing desks at the Domestic Support Unit for Counter Intelligence as well as National Security. Some of my primary clients being the SA Revenue Service Enforcement Division, The National Prosecuting Authority Assets Forfeiture Unit, The SA State Security Agency Domestic Branch and the SA Police Service Crime Intelligence unit amongst others. Areas of focus included Money Laundering; Corruption and Tender Fraud; Tax Fraud; Drug Trafficking; and Terror Financing. The bulk of my responsibilities here related to analyses of STRs/ CTRs as pertains to Anti Money Laundering regimes.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.