- Analyze claims and research to correct errors
- Work any outstanding correspondence’s to make sure they are paid
- Call insurance companies regarding any denials on claims
- Edit billing codes as necessary and rebill claim
- Work any outstanding insurance claims to bring them on a paid status
- Research EOB’s and file in the correct systems
- Accounts payable/receivable.
- Daily banking and receipting monies.
- Daily mail sorting and handling.
- Handling customer queries face to face and over the phone.
- Liase with staff regarding wages and rostering.
- Posted insurance payments, insurance adjustments, and personal payments to patients accounts for eight providers on two different computer programs.
- Electronically downloaded the patient’s insurance “Explanation of Benefits” from the different insurance company websites, and balanced the payments and adjustments to a spreadsheet that was prepared daily
- Balanced the daily spreadsheets at the end of each month to the office bank account.
- Located and notified customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, to solicit payment.
- Maintaining the billing system
- Generating invoices and account statements
- Performing account reconciliations
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records
- Producing monthly financial and management reports
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries
- Assisting in general financial management and analysis
- Counsel customers regarding student related functions of other College departments, i.e. financial aid, registrar, housing, admissions, etc. in order to address or refer issues not served directly by the Bursar area.
- Provides administrative support to an academic teaching department by providing reception services, scheduling appointments, meetings, and travel, filing, researching files and records, and preparing and proofreading correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested.
- Interprets entries to students’ accounts and identifies balances by accessing Banner and referencing related documents.
- A hard worker with strong customer communication skills.