- Responsible for the planning, execution and completion of an audit engagement.
- Responsible for managing and working within a team. Including providing on the job training to fellow trainee accountants.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Check the entries for accuracy; make necessary correction and file documentation as needed.
- Prepare Account Reconciliation Assist senior on preparation of financial statement.
- Working cooperatively in a team environment
- Trained to record financial transactions manually in the general Journal, post to ledgers, prepare the trial balance.
trainee accountant (saica) – audit and assurance
- Providing audit and assurance services involving risk assessment, risk response and reporting in accordance with International Standards on Auditing
- Independent review engagements
- Preparation of financial statements for SME’s and group companies
- Preparation of audit budgets
- Supervising and mentoring first year trainee accountants
- Performing and facilitating inventory counts
- Analyse and Preparation of Financial Statements Annually namely profit and loss Account, Cash Flow Statement, balance Sheet.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts..
- Vouching of Financial Accounts, Auditing, Return Filing of Accounts.
- GST monthly Return filing.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Lead audit teams in executing the audit.
- Delegate work to team members based on member’s capabilities.
- Performs planning, overall risk assessment and finalization of the audit.
- Conduct the audit in accordance with professional standards, legislation and quality standards.
- Analyse and interpret financial statements and Tax calculations
- Review financial statements to ensure proper accounting of all transactions and events, and/or disclosures in terms of the accounting and Tax legislative requirements.
- Evaluate the client’s response to the management report points and conclude thereon.