Trainee Accountant Resume Examples
- Responsible for the planning, execution and completion of an audit engagement.
- Responsible for managing and working within a team. Including providing on the job training to fellow trainee accountants.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Check the entries for accuracy; make necessary correction and file documentation as needed.
- Prepare Account Reconciliation Assist senior on preparation of financial statement.
- Working cooperatively in a team environment
- Trained to record financial transactions manually in the general Journal, post to ledgers, prepare the trial balance.
trainee accountant (saica) – audit and assurance
- Providing audit and assurance services involving risk assessment, risk response and reporting in accordance with International Standards on Auditing
- Independent review engagements
- Preparation of financial statements for SME’s and group companies
- Preparation of audit budgets
- Supervising and mentoring first year trainee accountants
- Performing and facilitating inventory counts
- Analyse and Preparation of Financial Statements Annually namely profit and loss Account, Cash Flow Statement, balance Sheet.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts..
- Vouching of Financial Accounts, Auditing, Return Filing of Accounts.
- GST monthly Return filing.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Lead audit teams in executing the audit.
- Delegate work to team members based on member’s capabilities.
- Performs planning, overall risk assessment and finalization of the audit.
- Conduct the audit in accordance with professional standards, legislation and quality standards.
- Analyse and interpret financial statements and Tax calculations
- Review financial statements to ensure proper accounting of all transactions and events, and/or disclosures in terms of the accounting and Tax legislative requirements.
- Evaluate the client’s response to the management report points and conclude thereon.
- Preparation of Books of Accounts
- Excel Balance Sheet Preparation
- Income Tax & Statutory Tax Payments
- Income Tax & Statutory Tax Return Filing
- Build strong professional relationships with auditees (key contacts to get information) to ensure successful audit.
- Liaise with relevant key stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure effective coordination, communication and coverage of relevant audit and internal issues.
- Valuation of investments using control premiums and marketability discounts
- Review of company financial models and consideration of impairment
- Overhauled processes and structures to improve compliance with all applicable standards.
- Reviewed general ledger entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Enhanced operational efficiencies, processing data analysis to further implement best financial practices for client retention.
- Strengthened audit control practices by implementing planning techniques and tests for speedy discovery.
- Balanced reports and batch summaries to submit for approval.
- Worked with leadership to prepare operating budgets and facilitate financial planning.
- Supported senior leadership by preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements to enhance database accuracies.
- Preparation of reconciliations of financial information such as bank reconciliation, net to net reconciliation, payroll reconciliation and VAT reconciliation.
- Evaluate accounting policies in accordance with appropriate accounting framework.
- Prepares and evaluates employee tax (PAYE, SDL and UIF)
- Calculation of performance, efficiency (activity), solvency and liquidity ratios from the financial statement.
- Preparation of a budget for an entity with clearly documented assumptions.
- Performing sensitivity analysis on prepared budgets, varying key assumptions to document a range of possible outcomes.
- Evaluation of the entity’s financial position using financial analysis, ratio analysis, trend analysis and cash flow analysis.
- Compliance and achievement of all SAICA regulated competencies
- Investigated and resolved billing issues to generate revenues and minimize outstanding debts.
- Preparation of cash flow forecast for an entity.
- Understanding of the South African Company laws and King Codes.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.