senior tax analyst
- Analysis of Trial balance and Financial statements.
- Responsible in preparation of work papers using MS Excel to calculate taxable income as per the US Tax Laws.
- Identification of Book to Tax Differences and ensuring the return is filed as per the requirements of the International Revenue Service (IRS)
- Preparation / Review of Forms i.e., 5471, 8858, 8865, 1120, SMLLC forms (568), Corporation State Returns (separate and combined) for various US companies in Go system and One Source.
- Preparation of Extension and Estimate Forms for the Income Tax returns.
- Review of Federal and state returns
- Clearing of e-file Diagnostics and e-filing the Income Tax Returns.
- Gather, analyze and validate tax data as well as resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and file accurate and timely tax returns.
- Post tax payments in various SAP systems.
- Resolve tax issues, respond to tax assessments, assist in audit and apply for refunds.
- Process license renewals.
- Update Status of Account Reconciliation (SOAR).
- Executes assignments in an effective manner including appropriate delegation and monitoring of work.
- Involvement and contribution to team discussions and sharing of knowledge acquired through research and analysis.
- Review of Multi-state tax returns
- Led Team to achieve collective goal of meeting deadlines.
- Handling multiple clients, engagements and Mailboxes
- Handling client queries
- Assignment of work and imparting training to new joiners on process flow
- Maintaining Daily, Weekly and Monthly Client (Internal and external) reports.
- Assigning works to the juniors
- 100% Quality check for junior processor
- Supporting other teams (such as country specific teams)
- Modified a comprehensive financial reporting package to reflect growing organizational.
- Computed taxes owed by applying prescribed rates, laws and regulations. complexity.
- Part of EY Tax Champ group.
- Providing assistance to New Joiners in the preparation of work papers and income tax returns.