revenue officer (domestic taxes)
- Calculation and collection of taxes.
- Carrying out tax audits.
- Maintaining taxpayer accounts in SAP and recovering outstanding tax debts.
- Negotiating penalties and terms of payment for outstanding tax debts.
- Embarking on awareness campaigns to clients.
- Registration of individual taxpayers for income, PAYE, Capital Transfer Tax, VAT
- Registration of companies for income, PAYE, Capital Transfer Tax, VAT
- Assessing of individual annual tax returns
- Determines taxable income on gratuities, employment income, interest, contract payments, dividends, management and consultancy fees and entertainment fees.
- Edits, adjusts and inputs worksheets and tax certificates e.g. ITW8.
- Receives, checks particulars of unclaimed returns and updates for reissue.
- Selects tax returns for posting.
- Identified and resolved payment issues between patients and providers.
- Reached out to insurance companies to verify incorrect denied claims.
- Tracked progress of all outstanding insurance claims.
- Identified areas of underpayment, rectification and corrections in process and claim denials.
- Generating bill and sending corrected claims within appeal limit liaising with coding and charge entry teams.
- Identified process improvements in day-to-day functioning of department.
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to revenue accounts, such as stamp duties, payroll tax and first home owners grant.
- Locate and arrange for payment collection from the revenue’s Unclaimed Monies register.