- Obtained and interpreted financial statements to assist in credit limit reviews.
- Obtained and reviewed credit reports, credit references, credit insurance, and financial statements to establish credit limits for new accounts.
- Reduced past due balances and bad debt by coordinating collection efforts with customer service, sales, and billing departments.
- Obtained payments and entered details into the system.
- Reached out to customers to check on payments and convey options.
- Debtors, Creditors, Bank Reconciliation on a Monthly basis.
- Monthly tax compliance and preparation of Profit and Loss A/c.
- Reviewed the documents received and determined if they complied with the lenders’ standards
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to Bank’s policy
- Performing research and financial analysis as well as financial projections
- Offered personal and business loan consultation, advising and promoting bank’s products
- Evaluating applicant’s credit worthiness (by using Tiresias, credit validation system) in order to determine the feasibility of granting a loan
- Verified customer data to detect and identify financial fraud
- Organised and implemented a new digitised filing system for easier access to information
- Prepare and analyse the Age Analysis and Exposure reports daily, weekly and circulation to the operations, and management team.
- Ensure adherence to accounting standards on accounts receivables and calculation of provision for credit loses
- Sending Early warning indicators to credit control committee on exposures
- Review Credit limit requests and put recommendations
- Authorise new customer update forms before new credit customer account is created in the accounting system
- Maintain doubtful debts list for internal reporting purposes and External reporting purposes
- Coordinate the annual review of credit limits and/risk assessment for all customers
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Key accounts – Spar (Build it) and The Building Company (Buco, Penny Punchers, Timber city’s), book value R55 000 000 +.
- Weekly schedules and monthly statements on excel spreadsheet for Spar.
- Rebates and advertising.
- Checked and posting of receipts to accounting systems