- Completed the conversion to a new manufacturing and accounting system.
- Reported the company’s financial position through interim statements, SEC filings, and preparation of the annual report and proxy statement.
- Managed a tight cash position by maximizing working capital and accessing outside financing as needed. Negotiated an agreement with an accounts receivables factoring company.
- Brought tax reporting under compliance by: filing multiple years of income tax returns; completing a managed sales tax audit; correcting payroll tax returns associated with a non-compliant employee benefit plan; and administering a DOL audit of the company’s qualified 401(k) retirement plan.
- Administered the company’s fringe benefits programs.
- Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, annual budgets or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or boards of directors.
- Facilitated account closing procedures each month.
- Oversee the cash flow management.
- Prepare and process monthly invoices; process accounts receivables, bank deposits and accounts payables.
- Prepare and review weekly/monthly operating statements, identifying operational issues to plan/forecast, and make recommendations for cost control/reductions to improve company performance – in an understandable format.
- Analyze monthly balance sheet accounts for corporate reporting. Analyze and research reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze and forecasts/budgets, preparing periodic reports comparing budgeted and forecast costs to actual costs. Advise management of issues with recommendations and risks.
- Liaison for internal and external auditing services.
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend/institute changes in operations and financial activities.
- Inspect accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Liaison between bank and corporate financing/treasury group. Oversee the flow of cash/financial instruments.
- Created inventory regulations and proceedures that were not present.
- Implemented on-site payroll and direct deposit.
- Processed bi-weekly payroll, including time entry, deductions and payroll tax payments.
- Reported quarterly payroll taxes.
- Balanced bank accounts.
- Processed accounts payable.
- Responsible for accounts recievable collections.
- WIP Report for all construction projects
- Financial Statements
- Corporate tax filings, 941 reconciling, bank reconciliations
- Processed payroll for 35 office and field employees
- Annual audits – accounts, 401K and insurance