- Review taxpayer accounts, and conduct audits on-site or by correspondence.
- Perform reconciliations using business property abstracts, chart of accounts, trial balance reports, depreciation schedules and tax returns and other similar financial documents to their filed county tax return or county assessed values.
- Audit financial data of both large and small companies in various industries, developing a relationship with taxpayers, their CPA’s, and County representatives.
- Ensure taxpayers are filing tax returns in compliance with current tax law in North Carolina.
- Assist with training for new audit staff and customers.
- Education of taxpayers and their CPAs of the different requirements for the various counties in the state.
- Propose adjusting journal entries and discuss audit findings with clients.
- Perform review of financial statements before giving authorisation for signing off.
- Preparation of management letter and audit report for management review.
- Managed a team of 10 auditors and acted a liaison between the team and the in-charge of project.
- Audit Planning and risk assessment process
- Designing audit programs and preparing audit engagement letters
- Identifying control gaps in processes, procedures and systems and make recommendations
- Commenting on the effectiveness of the organisational internal controls and structures
- Tax and other statutory deductions recalculations
- Supervise and manage the Accounting and Audit group
- General accounting works and government reportorial requirements
- Examine records, tax returns, and related documents pertaining to government regulatory requirements.
- Manage & supervise user of the Qucikbook software in recording/encoding in the system.
- Supervise accounting and audit staff
- Preparation of Financial Statement
- Responsible for developing and implementing financial policies, controls and procedures that affect other business units in order to minimize financial risk, achieve efficiency and cost reduction/avoidance across the organization
auditor/ quality control tech/ weight & scaling assistant
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to production force
- Shipping and recieving of air conditioner units
- Operate forklift
- Material handler
- Monitor products for accurate counts upon shipping and recieving
- Examine merchandise for defects
- Remove and discard damaged sections from production line