- Ensure monthly/quarterly/annual reports are submitted timely and accurately.
- Manage general ledger activities
- Manage AP and AR activities
- Preparing cash forecasting and budgeting for the annual budget.
- Responsible for cash receipts and bank reconciliations.
- Drive the Hotel’s financial planning – implement budget meetings with managers one to one regarding budgetary plans, implement reports geared to assist management with better decision making which reduced budgetary slacks.
- Performed Risk Management process by analyzing the company’s exposure to uncertain events that would impact it’s day to day operations- such as Security, Food and Hotel Safety- Spearheaded and collaborated with the management team to implement a systematic approach to managing these risks which both reduces the likelihood and the impact of these risks.
- Recommended investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks- This was done reviewing the volatility of the USD over a period and planning appropriate investment strategies when the dollar was stabilized.
- Managed the daily cash flow of the bank accounts- by implementing a daily cash flow report- this ensured that the bank accounts were funded appropriately according to the working capital requirements.
- Supervise and manage a staff compliment of 11 personnel
- Collaborated with the Cost Control Manager in cost reduction exercise for purchasing- by implementing and monitoring a cost control procedural document.
- Assess the current resources and made changes where necessary reducing overall cost and increasing accounting support for an effective reporting system.
junior accounting manager
- Actively guiding the accounting department by setting objectives with planned actions to ensure its achievement.
- Introduce standards and framework on general accounting operation and taxation paving way to smooth accounting recognition and control including standard based accounting policies and procedures.
- Managing the regular accounting operation such as but not limited to Disbursement Control in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Collectibility Monitoring, Inventory Costing and Control, VAT Analysis and Taxation, General Ledger monitoring, Regular Scheduled Count and Variance Reporting. Cash and Disbursement Budgeting and Financial Reporting – Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows, Capital Stucture and Notes.
- Engage in manual accounting operation but later introduce the Accounting System (Quicbooks) transition. As of the moment, persistently controlling the manual accounting operations and in-house ERP.
- Actively involve in Cost Accounting including cost control and efficiency of production which includes analysis of material usage, supplies and overhead, maintain production report and standard allocation of cost.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance, accuracy and timely reporting of related works.
- As the head of the department, divulge the role on 30% supervision and control and 70% doing hands on function to general accounting operation.
- Responsible for all accounting and financial functions.
- Responsible for the account receivable, accounts payable, cost general ledger, fixed assets; prepare tax report, and payroll reports.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements with analysis ofactual performance.
- Perform financial analysis, budgeting cash flow projections.
- Maintaining general ledger.
- Analyzes accounting records to determine financial resources.Makes recommendations for budget allocations to ensure conformance to budgetary limits.
- Responsible for reviewing operating budgets periodically in order toanalyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Contributor in monthly program review meetings with division directors and vice presidents to review contract performance and health. Support Program Management Office and earned value reporting.
- Manage accounting procedures and transactions for multi-state operations and facilities.
- Prepare annual budget forecasts for indirect rate calculations and provide monthly budget tracking and variance analysis for budget managers.
- Interface with both DCAA and DCMA for applicable audits and reviews, including Incurred Cost Audits, Financial System Audits, Purchasing System Reviews and Property Audits.
- Interview, hire, and manage accounting staff.
- Lead efforts to implement ERP system upgrades and configure contracts, procurement, property, manufacturing, inventory, and asset/depreciation modules.