- Filed tax returns and prepared governmental reports such as TDS,TCS , VAT etc, in compliance with strict standards.
- Analysed monthly balance sheet and Profit&Loss accounts for corporate reporting.
- collecting and recording all day to day financial transactions in the system.
- Processing and filling all invoices and Bills in the business.
- Managing vendor payments and reminding clients about payment due dates.
- Providing all the necessary financial reports as and when management requires them.
- Maintaining and approving petty cash amounts to different departments in the company.
- Performed daily bank reconciliations, monitoring bank account balance, liasing with bank and corporate treasury department.
- Cashflow management – reported weekly rolling cashforecast with commentary to head office on a monthly basis.
- Month end completion, ledger reconciliations and review.
- Posted journals for rebates and royalties, FX gain/loss, prepayments, accruals and provisions.
- Analysed marketing departments’ budget against actual expenses and advised the compliance.
- SG&A reporting and contact point for SG&A queries.
- Managed intercompany reconciliations, organised overseas payments to corporate head office and agency brands, resolved balance issues and answered any queries.
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable management
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company requirements
- Prepare tax schedules (Input Vat, Output Vat, Withholding tax, PAYE) and ensure they are paid on time
- Assigning entries to proper accounts and analyzing accounting records and financial statements reports
- Receiving sales orders, checking and ensuring that it matches purchase order, giving instruction to logistics to supply accordingly
- Preparing all payment voucher and ensuring that they are authorized and documented
- Delivering audit deliverables to both internal and external auditors
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.Maintained integrity of general ledger, including the chart of accounts.
- Remittance of tax amounts to tax departments and filing of tax records in the system.
- Reconciliation of bank statements with accounting books up to date.
- On time prepared and lodged Business Activity Statement (BAS) to ATO.
- Prepared the payroll of inter-union employees from 9 countries across Africa.
- Prepared the payroll of inter-division employees ro
- Assisted in the lodgment of tax returns, audit, and liased with external auditors.
- Fixed Assets – maintenance of fixed assets register, monthly depreciation, and retirement of assets.