- Developed, implemented, modified, and documented recordkeeping and accounting systems, made use of current computer technology.
- Review invoices and Procurement card transactions for errors and prepare monthly journal.
- Process Travel Expense Reports and answer questions regarding per diem, mileage reimbursement and allowable expenses.
- Reviewed and approved Petty Cash Reimbursement requests from city employees.
- Handles daily and weekly disbursements of non policy transactions, ensuring each transactions are valid and is accurate.
- Monthly closing of supplier subsidiary ledger assigned.
- Monthly reconciliation of fixed assets general ledger and subsidiary ledger.
- Performs fixed asset count as assigned.
- Prepared monthly journal entries.
- Reconciled Deposit accounts, reviewed suspense accounts, updated financials.
- Vendor management- Handling supplier set up requests (Master data updating including creation of new supplier and bank details in Oracle).
- Performing proper validation of any changes in bank details of supplier to prevent fraudulent activities.
senior accounting specialist
- Performing supplier cleanup activity to de-activate the dormant supplier records.
- Handling payment related queries through e-mails and calls Mentoring new resourses
- Researched and resolved billing problems that had been previously missed.
- Renegotiated payment terms with dozens of suppliers.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment processing through frequent account processing.
- Support payables work by entering debit and credit information into the accounting system.
- Build and maintain files and reports on the company’s Accounts Payable processing.
- Review and code invoices for the company.
- Enter payments into the accounting system.
- Complete all related results by organizing and accomplishing set missions.