- Write columns, editorials, commentaries, or reviews that interpret events or offer opinions. campus events.
- Provide content for website, emails, newsletter
- Research and develop visitors’ guide to city
- Manage online reputation
- Reporting on various events concerning the athletic program of the University of Pennsylvania
- Tracking the performance of various athletic teams and analyzing historical trends behind outcomes
- Report news stories for publication
- Gather information about events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at functions.
- Developed article ideas and coordinated with faculty and editorial staff to communicate scientific content to the general university community
- The writer of ‘Debunking the Raw Water Trend’ in Issue 10
- Developed campus-wide survey to assess the use of nicotine-vaping products in the university community (pending IRB approval) for an upcoming article
- Receive assignments to develop story ideas.
senior staff writer
- Created content, stories and videos for multiple platforms including digital and internet channels.
- Covered Oregon State sports including football, men and women’s basketball, softball and baseball.
- Helped create and grow subscriber base for website.
- Handled game-day live updates including pre and post-game stories.
- Cover and report news stories relating to local Gainesville high school athletics and University of Florida athletics.
- Follow tight deadlines and collaborate with other writers to augment stories.
- Review copy and correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation in accordance with the AP Style.
- Wrote research-based articles for a popular blog with 7,000+ subscribers aimed at educating new physical therapists and current students