- Assisting General Counsel in drafting of contracts, Service Agreements, Non‑ Disclosure Agreements
- Liaising with colleagues in UK, USA, Hong Kong
- Keeping track of deadlines, updating of executed/pending agreements
- Adhoc duties as requested by General Counsel
- Drafted letters to attorneys regarding subpoenaed records for review and scanned those records into the filing database.
- Prepared legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
- Called upon witnesses to testify at hearings.
- Met with clients and other professionals to discuss case details.
- Investigated facts and laws of cases and researched pertinent sources. (i.e) Public records to determine causes of action.
- Gathered and analyzed researched data. (i.e) Statutes, decisions, legal articles & codes,
- Closed active case files and converted paper files into e-files.
- Led research efforts to a $1 Billion plus Chinese Oil & Gas client, providing written opinions and serving as the lead translator and transcriber through client interviews, hearings, and depositions through the course of a $20 million dollar class action environmental lawsuit.
- Consult Chinese and American clients on 5 year business plans in compliance with US and China law. Consult the clients on financial growth and investment opportunities.
- Check for financial due diligences of all clients for their business and investing opportunities.
- Arbitrate disputes between parties and assist in the real estate closing process, such as by reviewing title searches.
- Provides assistance in terms of drafting pertinent documents such as Special Power of Attorney and Extrajudicial Settlement for Right of Way Agreements.
- Can draft Board Resolutions, Secretary’s Certificate, Minutes of the Meeting and other corporate documents.
- Have a background on reviewing contacts.
- Can draft Lease Agreements, Contract to Sell and Deed of Absolute Sale.
- Ability to communicate and interact to the public.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Excel, and Power Point).
- Good analytical, organization, management and leadership skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work under extreme work pressure, heavy work load and deadlines.
- Tolerant and flexible, adjusts to different situations.
- Problem analysis, use of judgment and ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Career-driven, competent and result-oriented.