- In charge of calculating and collecting payments for medical procedures and services
- Updating patient data, developing payment plans, and preparing invoices
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due for medical procedures and services
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations
- Monitor and record late payments
medical biller/front office receptionist
- Collect patients insurance cards, scan insurance cards into chart, collect patients co-pays.
- Get patient charts ready for following day, Call to confirm patients Appointment.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, take messages, file, print incoming faxes, send out faxes.
- Retrieve patient medical records for Dr. from Hospital, send out medical records to other Doctor offices.
- Enter data, such as demographic characteristics, Insurance, diagnostic procedures.
- Bill procedure codes Dr. wrote on Patients hospital face sheet that doctor did a consultation on.
- Monitor medical facility activities to ensure adherence to standards or regulations.
- Process healthcare paperwork.
- Enter patient or treatment data into computers.
- Process medical billing information.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations using tools such as web dennis,etc
- Enter data, such as demographic characteristics,
- Identify, compile, abstract, and code patient data, using standard classification systems. diagnostic procedures, or treatment into computer.
- Call insurance companies to follow up on the status of the claim; whether it has been denied or paid and report appropriately.
- Utilized active listening, interpersonal and telephone etiquette skills when communicating with others.
- Ensured HIPAA compliance.
- Analyzed complex Explanation of Benefits forms to ensure insurance carriers were charged correctly.
- Processed insurance company denials by auditing patient files, researching procedures and diagnostic codes to determine proper reimbursement.