- Research, write, rewrite or edit copy to improve readability, flow, or edit works of others in order to improve the quality, grammar or punctuation, facts check, citations, hyperlinks, etc
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax .
- Allocate print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard or academic reference sources.
- Post Production edit, evaluate best video clip, add additional music and effects.
- Use traditional or digital cameras, along with a variety of equipment such as tripods, filters, and gimbals
- Organize and string together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or the instructions of directors and producers.
- Determine the specific audio and visual effects and music necessary to complete films.
- Engage in research to develop new photographic procedures and materials.
- Edit fiction or nonfiction prose such as; short stories, novels, articles, lyrics, essays, and descriptive critical analyses.
- Confer with clients, fellow editors, and producers to discuss changes or revisions to written material.
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, using sources such as online articles and interviews.
- Write narrative, dramatic, lyric, and other types of poetry for sale and publication.
- Collaborate with others on specific projects.
- Proofread, edit, and revise materials punctually.
- Commissioning articles.
- Choosing which articles to publish.
- Deciding how they’ll be laid out for publishing.
- Assessing work sent from freelance journalists, photographers and illustrators.
- Started the freelance program at INSIDER from scratch.
- Manages a team of 80+ freelance writer to write daily news posts and evergreen features.
- Oversees a team that posts more than 100 stories per week.
- Processes payment, edits stories, manages two direct reports, optimizes posts for SEO, posts stories on social media.
- Grew the program to an average of 40 million pageviews and 5 million uniques in just 8 months.
- Previously worked as the site’s dating and relationships reporter.