junior events coordinator (on-call part time job)
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Assiting guests before and during the event.
- Plan, schedule or supervise the work of other employees, eg. number of chairs, tables, type of music equipment needed, number of f&b covers requested.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors .
- Coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote the vessels and the services provided whilst working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Liaise with clients regarding the Event’s activities and ensure that the schedule is on track.
- Planning and preparing advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments and advertising agencies.
- Developing and communicating strategic objectives for the business unit marketing function including the units Brand Strategy and delivery plan.
- Providing short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by managing market research collection, analysis, interpretation of market data and business intelligence tools.
- Designing and direct Marketing plans including the use of Omni-channel communications via digital and social media channels Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Developing and adapting strategies to meet changing business priorities (environmental changes, market trends).
- Elicit new business opportunities and leverage relationships to promote revenues; competitive edge and business growth
- Managing people and non-people resources to ensure team effectiveness
- Sociable; communicate with people and be polite
- Clear expression
- Behave properly
- Converse with clients regarding their needs and ensuring that their needs are met.
- Organize all fundraising events.
- Solicite donations.
- Schedule volunteers and facilities
- Coordinate design and maintenance of website as well as brochures and newsletters.
- Assist Executive Director and Development Director with media relations and administrative duties.