configuration manager (sesdr)
- Basically part of the Asset management team IS (Infrastructure Solutions). This is a part of the Competency Service management ITDGD.
- SESDR (Single EMEA Server Data Repository) is a database which contains all the Inventory details of Hardware and Software managed and maintained by IBM UK. It contains the logical data of all the devices.
- SESDR process supports Asset and Configuration Management processes.
- SESDR records all kinds of devices in SESDR belonging to different categories (CPUs, DISKs, TAPEs, ATLs, Network Devices, Racks, and Accessories). We mainly load servers in SESDR.
- SESDR allows to define and maintain all servers (all platforms) and their configuration (hardware and software) at a central and unique place.
- Working as a back up of the Functional Lead for configuration Management
- Act as a focal point for Database Related queries
- Handle 29k CIs with KPI level >95% as per CMDB Standards.
- As Configuration Manager,taken responsibility of maintaining accurate server information by validating CI data with other data systems within the account level.
- Closed duplicate records by interacting with platform teams so that no issue raises while validating data in security tools which is a key parameter for defining server health status.
- Implemented uniqueness status for multiple attributes so that no duplicates would rise in future.
- In order to avoid unnecessary costs,updated server CI life cycle status within SLA.
- SME – SACM Services for multiple Geographies.
- Designed the process documentation to make it complaint with CSC quality standards.
- Handle CMDB clean-up projects as and when required to maintain database accuracy and system performance
- Reconciling the available extract with data from other source to check the variance percentage with necessary mitigation planning. Review with key stakeholders periodically for data accuracy and acceptance.
- Ensure effective impact assessment of all infrastructure, volumetric changes by highlighting the anticipated impact on Service Performance
- Plan and perform audit of installed IT infrastructure to determine and verify if the configuration items recorded in the CMDB accurately reflects the physical and functional characteristics of the IT system as documented.
- Keep track of all in scope changes triggered by RFCs (Change Management), SRs (Service Request) and work alongside with platform lead to get the changes & updates incorporated in CMDB.
configuration manager /integrated logistics manager
- Coordinate activities of engineering or logistics personnel involved in designing, fabricating, modifying, supporting Military Systems.
- coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Responsible for ensuring that Change, Release, Problem, Incident, and SLA Management processes and tools have better integration levels with each other.
- Responsible for all audit and corrective action items as identified through the process of confirming CI accuracy.
- Responsible for running a health check on all the tickets in relation to CI(s) to confirm the information within the CMDB remains valid.
- Responsible for extracting and publish the reports on all current and historical data associated with each CI throughout its life cycle.
- Provide periodical and customized reports highlighting gaps between installed infrastructure and recorded infrastructure in configuration management database.
- Propose and implement automated solutions for improving efficiency and to make the process cost effective.