- Assist clients with case matters
- Provide appropriate legal service under lawyer supervision
- Empower and support members of the community to understand and implement the law and the legal system to protect their rights and to increase their awareness of their legal responsibilities
- Enforce all in state and out of state court orders.
- Responsible for all personal aspect dealing with prison inmates
- Responsible for counseling inmates through personal matters
- Responsible for writing discharge summaries for inmates
- Responsible for providing relocation analysis
- Served as Acting Functional Unit Manager
- Served as disciplinary hearing officer
- Served as notary
- Extensive travel in Sub Sahara countries
- Implementation of USCIS circuit rides and efficient processing of eligible refugee applications for the US Refugee Admissions Program in Sub-Saharan Africa. This was conducted in accordance with the Worldwide Processing Priorities, USRAP Guidelines, and RSC Africa Adjudications Field Team standard operating procedures.
- Conducting pre-screening interviews with refugees.
- Presentation to USCIS officers during USCIS circuit rides for the US Refugee Admissions Program in Sub-Saharan Africa. All processes were done in compliance with the Worldwide Processing Priorities, US Refugee Admissions Program Guidelines, and RSC Africa Pre Screening Field Team standard operating procedures.
- Led meetings to advise and create plans with caseworkers, supervisors, providers, youth and families to reach financial self-sustainability and avoid homelessness
- Coordinate the Family Innovative Supportive Housing Program by facilitating the intake of qualified families into the program and coordinating supportive services from the partner providers in the program
- Collaborate with community providers in creating programs that meet the needs of the vulnerable population served including drafting grant applications to fund new programs
- Present information at court hearings; prepare the necessary documents presented in court and report on progress of the youth towards independence and family towards goal completion
- Counsel clients and members of their families; monitor youth and family compliance with any court-mandated services
- Collect information about individuals or clients, using interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other assessment methods. I began as a Caseworker Trainee with a limited amount of cases and was promoted after three months to Caseworker with the maximum amount of cases. My duties included taking reports of alleged child abuse and investigating said reports to determine their validity. I also maintained a caseload of approx. 18 families. I taught STEP parenting classes and was on a rotating On- Call schedule. I helped families develope Family Service Plans and worked with them to achieve their goals.
- Prepared court orders, wage withholdings, and paternity scheduling.
- Prepared and presented substance abuse classes
- Prepared and facilitated long distance dad program