- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior; notifying veterinarians of these observations.
- Treat animal illnesses or injuries, following instructions of veterinarians.
- Lead clients and patients into a room to discuss the reason for their visit.
- Take note of the patient’s overall health upon arrival and recording the patient’s vital signs.
- Other daily tasks include drawing blood, taking radiographs, and giving vaccinations.
- Restraining animals in order to allow the veterinarian to conduct a physical examination.
- Feeding animals
- Cleaning kennels
- Washing animals
- Walking animals
- Administering any medication
- Providing nursing care before/after surgery
- Provide vet with assistance during animal examinations.
- Monitor animal care, maintenance, or breeding.
- Provide assistance in treatment of animal illnesses or injuries, following experience or instructions of veterinarians.
- Clean clinic equipment such as dog pens and surgical instruments.
- Disinfect, sweep and mop clinic.
- Grooming services for dogs and cats.
- Routine checkups and care for animals sheltered in the clinic outside of regular business hours.
- Assist veterinarian with examinations
- Perform nail trims
- Perform routine blood draws
- Run routine blood tests
- Clean and sterilize exam rooms
- Clean and autoclave surgery instruments
- Monitor patients recovering from surgery
- Monitor animal care or maintenance
- Feeding and caring for small animals, daily cleaning of the facility, signing boarders in and out of the kennels, communicating with vet/vet techs about boarders if an issue arose.
- Assist with routine surgeries
- Monitor patients during surgeries