- Responsible for caring for and managing dog boarding
- Cleaned and walked all of the animals
- Assist main vet
- Feed and care of boarding animals
- Assisting the doctor during surgeries and even being entrusted to perform castration on stray male cats under supervision.
- Took care of a 2 weeks old puppy which needed a 24 hour care because of malnourished and dehydration.
- Clean facilities and equipment such as dog pens and surgery equipment.
- Maintain boarding records
vet assistant/ tech
- Trusted with the care and responsiblity of the animals while under the supervision of a RVT or DVM.
- Assisted with surgical and special procedure/protocols as well as monitor hospitalized patients/anesthetized patients per DVM
- Perform TPR, as well as treatments such as ear cleaning, wound care, collecting samples for diagnostic procedures and radiographs.
- Perform venipuncture and catheter placement on patients.
- Organized treatment/medical room and inventory duties and responsibilities as well as keep client records and loh controlled drugs per RVT and DVM.
- prevent the spread of diseases to other animals by maintaining the cleanliness of the hospital.
- pre and post anesthetic monitoring.
- perform diagnostics such as blood work, radiographs, urinalysis, fecals, pcvs, and much more.
- thoroughly explain medical information in a way the owners will understand.