Underwriter Resume Examples
- Verify new applications
- Drum for outstanding requirements
- Assist both agents and policy holders
- Set up new groups
- Assemble and send out new polices
- Engaging in sales initiatives with an aim of business development, achieving revenue goals and product penetration.
- Timely processing and dispatch of Insurance Documents i,e, renewal notices, debit notes, cancellation notices, credit notes, policy documents, motor certificates, cover notes as per service standards.
- Evaluate risks proposed in line with laid down underwriting procedures and ensuring full compliance to the underwriting guidelines.
- Review renewal requests based on the claim experience.
- Initiate claim processing at the branch.
- Facilitating high customer services standards through addressing queries, resolving complaints and escalating issues/ bottlenecks, if any, to the relevant superiors.
- Facilitate timely processing of quotations and tender documents.
senior underwriter (medical)/actuary in the life and health department
- Prepare detailed analytics of our business to monitor our client’s performance, and evaluate our underwriting guidelines and strategy
- Manage relationships with existing clients, new clients, brokers and reinsurers to meet target premiums
- Audit client’s production and claim bordereaux before confirming the related statements of accounts
- Provide clients with suitable treaty terms and conditions through analyzing their statistical information
- Collaborate with the IT programmers to implement the medical module in the new system
- Doing financial and medical underwriting
- Contributed towards optimum resolution of day-to-day queries raised by Case Handlers & Initial Underwriters.
- The merit of consistently achieving CPMs on productivity and quality parameters.
- Entrusted with the responsibility of training 10 initial underwriters on Senior Medical Underwriting Programme.
- Awarded with a certificate for Best Underwriter with a consistent decision across the year in 2005.
- Attained the highest level of underwriting authority from the client side for the offsite location.
- Participated in monthly con-calls with CMO of the client to discuss certain typical and critical cases.
- To work on investor loans and complete them on priority.
- To check the occupancy of the borrower and analyze borrower’s KYC & income proof and calculate the same and evaluate borrower financial reliability & Ensure those HAMP modifications complied with federal guidelines.
- To take decision whether to approve the loan or deny and sending letter of missing documents.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, reports and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Analyze information in insurance applications
- Determine the risk of insuring a client
- Screen applicants on the basis of set criteria
- Evaluate recommendations from underwriting software
- Contact field representatives, medical personnel, and others to obtain further information
- Decide whether to offer insurance
- Determine appropriate premiums and amounts of coverage
- Member of a six-person underwriting team tasked with screening all new business to examine, evaluate and quote risk.
- Worked closely with licensed brokers to ensure new business adhered to risk guidelines set by the Echelon Insurance.
- Examined documents to determine degree of risk based on factors such as prior licensing, convictions, claims etc.
- Identified improvements and provided feedback to Echelon Insurance for a pilot insurance portal.
- Executed administrative duties such as sending out screened applications to clients, issuing liability slips.
- Liaised with Echelon Insurance to ensure in-house risk guidelines were consistent with the latest guidelines issued by the company.
- Logged sales in MS access and analyzed said data using Excel to ascertain factors such as sales, rating territory, vehicle, and attrition rate of past and existing clientele.
- Provided full range of duties to the Operations department
- Train new hires and audit work processed and their performance
- Consistently met the department deadlines
- Answered questions posed by insured and attorneys.
- Analyze applicants’ application in order to determine feasibility of granting a home loan.
- Assess Buyers overall financial situation by reviewing income, assets, debts, credit reports, or other financial information
- Confer with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application issues.
- Partner with Operations staff and Loan officers to provide assistance with following the required guidelines in order to be able to issue a final loan approval.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to various investors for their review for loan approval.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet Buyers needs.
- Examine FHA, USDA, and Conventional Loans.
- Insurance proposals
- Studying Gathering background information
- Calculating possible risk and deciding how much the individual organization should pay.
- Gathering information and various types of reports such as medical records from specialists
- Computing results for appropriate premiums using actuarial information liaising with specialist for risk assessment
- Writing policies
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.