- Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving
- Travel to customers’ premises to install, maintain, or repair telephone and data network equipment
- Train people in telephone system use.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and effect repairs when equipment malfunctions.