- Ensure food is stored at correct temperature
- Wash and “open” fishes and seafood for they day’s worth of stock.
- Prep day’s vegetables use for sushi rolls and some cosmetic garnishes for nigiri sushi.
- Maintain and order fresh seafood for the next following day.
- Managing a core crew of seven fellow workers.
- Making quick decisions for customer satisfaction.
- Working with the head chef/owner on preparation for holidays and events.
- Maintaining company moral with out of work activities; rock climbing, hiking, fishing, and after work family style meals.
- Understanding changing demographics, and implementing discounts to local businesses and prevalent college crowds.
- Preparing finely cut fish, fruits, vegetables, and other edibles for the upcoming work day.
- Resupplying needs after use.
sushi chef, cash register & waitress
- Developed knowledge about products and sales items to answer shoppers’ questions.
- Experienced in making a wide range of types of sushi and cooking hot food.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure.
- Ensures that items are fully stocked and equipment is in good working condition.
- Cleaning and disinfecting cutting boards, knives, and a plethora of kitchen tools.
- Learning of market trends and implementing them to the business for higher revenue.
- Continuously learning and fine tuning plate art and style towards a changing market.
- Keeping a clean appearance and outstanding sushi chef relations towards new or regular customers.
- Responsible for preparing different kind of sushi like, nigiri, sashimi, temaki, maki sushi.
- Cutting fish and shellfish.
- Platting sushi and sashimi.
- Preparing sushi vinegar and cooking rice.
- Checking stocks availability and inform sushi chef for orders.
- Checking the qualities of the products before the operation.
- Cleaning sushi bar before and after the operation.