- Work with students in grades 9-12 to acquire the target language and become familiar with its culture.
- Students practice speaking, listening, reading and writing through a variety of activities including group/individual work, presentations, online work and projects.
- Establish rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students and environment conducive to learning.
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet students’ varying needs.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress including summative assessments.
- Use Chromebooks, smart board, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by district policies and grading work in timely manner.
spanish teacher, department chair & collaborative learning team leader
- Responsible for teaching five sections of Spanish Level 1 (Grade 8)
- Responsible for teaching one section of Spanish Level 1A (Grade 7)
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop common assessments, shared curriculum and student-centered learning activities
- Participate in professional development to stay abreast of best practices, including Task-Based Language Teaching, Project-Based Learning and Performance-Based Assessments in the World Language classroom
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs, abilities, and interests
- Create and administer written, oral, and performance tests, and issue grades in accordance with students’ performance
- Maintain accurate and complete student records
- Create daily lesson plans
- Utilize technology in the classroom
- Communicate and foster positive relationships with parents/guardians and personnel
- Create and supervise field experiences for students
- Assess the accomplishment of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as provided
- Develops and implements a daily and weekly schedule covering all areas of curriculum
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students
- Provides a positive learning environment
- Maintain and improve professional competence; and
- Perform any other related task or duty at the direction of the building principal or designee
- Includes all students in presentation and discussions
- Manage class sizes as large as 30 students, with a total of 171 students.
- Develop curricula and plan course content and methods of instruction in line with state and school curriculum standards.
- Participate in monthly Professional Learning Community meetings.
- Attended the BER Teaching in the 90% professional development workshop
- Participate on De Soto’s Technology Team, which focuses on improving technology use throughout the district.